E Voyager mountain bike supplied by Pro Mobility 36v/10A/hr - one year on

Richard B

Just Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Went for the E Voyager for 2 main reasons. One was the price the other the style. Had it now for just over one year and we have found little to criticise.

At the price I paid (£649 which is still the same now in March 2013) I expected a product that would not be altogether Rolls Royce but would be fit for purpose; this expectation was met.

I was really surprised at the build quality and the robust frame which is strong and rigid. The front suspension is absolutely outstanding. If there is any negative comment the bike is heavy to manouevre out the shed and up the path etc., but hey, all e bikes are going to be heavier with the battery in place. One other praise is you dont get that lateral side to side movement sensation that you get with some bikes with full suspension.

I bought an electric bike because I've always had a bike but now have some issues with breathing difficulties, although I am physically ok in all other respects. If I lived in Flatland this wouldn't be an issue, but Derbyshire is hilly, so this was my best option.

Not knowing much about e bikes I did quite a bit of research and opted for E Voyager supplied by Pro Mobility Ltd in the E. Mids. Delivery was prompt, assembly was straight forward and it worked a treat and has remained so for over a year. I have done over 3,500 miles with no issues other than a puncture or two. Had to change the rear tube so disconnecting the hub, lights brakes etc takes time, but isn't difficult.

A credit to this bike is the motor, battery and control system. This has worked faultlessly. The best I have had from the battery is 18.9 mile the worst is 14 mile but it is seriously hilly where I live and because of my breathing issues I don't do much pedaling. Im pretty sure that in ideal conditions with pedal assistance you could crack 30 mile. More importantly, I have not noticed any significant drop in output or battery capacity since doing so many miles. I haven't made a note of the number of times I've recharged the battery but it must be 200 +. Additionally I purchased a second battery and adapted it to fit on a rack I bought. This was to increase the single journey range. I found I couldn't detect any difference in range or power between the two batteries; again a credit to the original battery and charging unit.

In all I can only give 5 stars to this product because it has been so reliable. Satisfaction is shown in that its performance has remained the same and it is rugged in the sense it is a strong and stable frame. I have had several commendable comments from pedestrians and cyclists while out and about its style with lots of questions about how it performs. I only repeat what I have said here.

I can't comment on other makes but this one really has provided me with satisfaction for my disability and enjoyment in my leisure activity. I am sure other makes are lighter but you get what you pay for. The E voyager is very good value for money in my opinion, and recommend it without hesitation.

I originally wanted the black frame but this was OOS at the time I bought, so I got the red. I have grown to like the colour and people have asked me about the black saying when seeing the red they'd probably gone for it as well. It looks good in the flesh so to speak.

Richard,
Derbyshire

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

chris1972

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2013
Is this a fake post or something identical to amazon review but under a different name was thinking of getting one of these bikes but if they put these fake reviews out if it is fake then their bikes must be well rubbish.

D

Deleted member 4366

Is this a fake post or something identical to amazon review but under a different name was thinking of getting one of these bikes but if they put these fake reviews out if it is fake then their bikes must be well rubbish.
The review seems genuine enough to me. Reviews on Amazon are done by owners, just like the ones here.