Easy Ride Bikes

AshTree

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Does anyone know anything about Easy Ride Bikes? They have a couple of electric bikes - "Lightning" and "Life" which are very cheap and I just wondered if anyone here would be able to give an opinion on them? The link is here.

Thanks

Theresa

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Seem good value as you say, but I am guessing that is partly down to them being 24v systems (one is even 20v) and surprisingly heavy given that.

Regards

Jerry

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
"Batteries designed to last at least 6 years if charged daily"

Blimey........:)

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
Not very good looking and suspiciously cheap = poor customer service = no back spares etc. I would rather step away.

TBH a decent quality push bike costs £500-700 so how can you have a decent electric for the same money, non sense - it's just impossible so my answer and advice is NO! Save your money and don't buy it

regards

Alex

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
If the bikes were halfway decent should be some road tests on them somewhere in cyber space if not leave alone as Alex says

AshTree

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Thanks everyone - frankly, nothing I didn't expect to hear, lol!! I had serious doubts about these (and I agree, they're certainly not the prettiest bikes out there) but my husband found them online and he always has his eye out for a bargain, so thought I'd better check them out before wading in blindly.

This will be our first venture into electric biking - I'd love to be able to get something like the Wisper Alpino, but I'm reluctant to spend quite so much money when we may find that we don't get on with cycling as much as we're hoping (we haven't been on a bike for around 16-17 years and we're only taking it up again because we're retiring!), so we're trying to keep our budget down to around £1k or under. Any advice on the best buy in this price bracket? We would like to have the throttle only option if poss, and I need a step thru. Also, because we'll be using cycle trails, we'll be wanting suspension forks (and suspension seat posts if poss).

Thanks for any help.

Theresa

Last edited:

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Alien have a range of step through and gents bikes. They are 36volt system so powerful enough, with a decent range and good reputation. There has been a price increase recently but still under your budget

Electric Bicycles - AlienOcean Home

No need to go for the high end Wisper Alpino range, the 705SE and 905SE are very good bikes. I would suggest you get a good long test ride or better still hire for a day. That way you should be able to tell if this is something you want to do...I will be surprised if you are disappointed:)

AshTree

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.

Eddieo - I took your advice and looked at AlienOcean, and I've just ordered the synergie breeze, which seems to have every feature I wanted. I would possibly have preferred to get one of their Alien builds, but I wanted a low step thru, so the breeze looked perfect. Should be here by Wednesday :). Terry's still deliberating, but will very likely end up ordering from them too.

I'll report back later after I've been out on it (if I survive.....:D)

Theresa

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Dave (Old Timer) bought one of these for his wife and seemed happy enough...

not sure I advocate buying mail order with out at least trying a few bikes first but good luck!

Dave (Old Timer) has a near new gents synergy for sale in the classified section on here that may be of interest

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Dave (Old Timer) bought one of these for his wife and seemed happy enough...

not sure I advocate buying mail order with out at least trying a few bikes first but good luck!

Dave (Old Timer) has a near new gents synergy for sale in the classified section on here that may be of interest
Thanks for the link Eddie but the Mistrals gone.:D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.

Eddieo - I took your advice and looked at AlienOcean, and I've just ordered the synergie breeze, which seems to have every feature I wanted. I would possibly have preferred to get one of their Alien builds, but I wanted a low step thru, so the breeze looked perfect. Should be here by Wednesday :). Terry's still deliberating, but will very likely end up ordering from them too.

I'll report back later after I've been out on it (if I survive.....:D)

Theresa
Hiya

Anne(my wife) as Eddio says purchased a Breeze. She is fussy as am I and I just asked her to point out any pitfalls and she can`t think or anything:D It`s comfortable, powerful enough, good battery mileage and the right colour for a lady.
I was a bit worried about it having a brushed motor rather than the normal brushless motors and on it`s stand it is a tad noisey but on the road it`s fine and she has no problem keeping up with me and I have some modified bikes that go well. The handlebars are adjustable to most peoples liking. You`ll like the bike it is IMHO (or was more when we bought it) very good value for money. Enjoy

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Not very good looking and suspiciously cheap = poor customer service = no back spares etc. I would rather step away.

TBH a decent quality push bike costs £500-700 so how can you have a decent electric for the same money, non sense - it's just impossible so my answer and advice is NO! Save your money and don't buy it

regards

Alex
Alex

Not quite true, there are some decent cheap bikes out their but of course 36V would be better.

AshTree

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Hiya

Anne(my wife) as Eddio says purchased a Breeze. She is fussy as am I and I just asked her to point out any pitfalls and she can`t think or anything:D It`s comfortable, powerful enough, good battery mileage and the right colour for a lady.
I was a bit worried about it having a brushed motor rather than the normal brushless motors and on it`s stand it is a tad noisey but on the road it`s fine and she has no problem keeping up with me and I have some modified bikes that go well. The handlebars are adjustable to most peoples liking. You`ll like the bike it is IMHO (or was more when we bought it) very good value for money. Enjoy
Thanks, that's very reassuring to know! We have actually tried a couple of bikes - an Izip and the urban mover. I was fairly happy with the izip, but not completely happy (might have been something to do with the Wisper Alpina standing next to it :D ). Anyway, it's done now, so I'll just have to get on with the Breeze, lol!

Theresa