Ebike batteries

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi folks, havn't posted for a while but I have been wondering off and on about battery safety if you unfortunately have a accident with a vehicle. I know battery safety is the last thing you will be thinking of if you survive impact but if a car does collide with you side on and hits battery what are the chances of battery exploding at impact, at say 20-30mph.
Unless the battery is smashed with extreme force into tiny partcles, and end up being suspended in air, surface area greatly increased and they ignite at pretty much the same time, I really don't think an explosion is possible.

Don't surround your battery pack with flour.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They were older worn out Sam 22e or 26f cells. The lipos I shot were a bit different and did spark and crackle a bit but didn't catch fire they did whiff a bit as they let out the electrolite. It was all carried out in the name of a science experiment .

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
They were older worn out Sam 22e or 26f cells. The lipos I shot were a bit different and did spark and crackle a bit but didn't catch fire they did whiff a bit as they let out the electrolite. It was all carried out in the name of a science experiment .
I knew you'd keep detailed files.