ebike battery back packs

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Interesting! Cheers Soundwave....wonder if they do one that holds 2 lol....time to break out the BOB trailer and load it up with batteries for touring!!

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Mega bucks....Bet I could modify my existing DHB pack...Plastic chopping board shaped to fit whole back panel put inside the bladder pouch area, and a custom central section to hold the battery in place from a neoprene sleeve/leg off a wetsuit or something made from plastic to protect the battery from knocks. For bikepacking a larger bag with the same style insert but pack all bulky items of light clothing around it to keep the weight down.
In all honesty could someone not have filled the frame void I have with a much larger custom shaped triangular battery(1000wh) to take up this wasted space that is no use whatsoever for frame bags or a water bottle!!??

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the xlc one is not that bad at 115 quid but i know what you mean diy but id not want any more waight on the bike as it is so a back pack is the best option imo.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could use this and run both batts at the same time one on frame and one in back pack.
1553464333262.png
there 90 euro tho

JessBeauty

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 10, 2019
Canada, Vancouver
I would order one in a hot minute! I love the idea of carrying my extra power in my pack, but the present packs are like carrying a brick! A more form fitting design would be great! IMHO

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Ex army Camelbak hydration back packs make a brilliant battery carrying option. The Bosch battery pack as an example fits in perfectly, and being a military spec back pack, it is far sturdier constructed that the civilian variation. I have just bought a new old stock one Ebay for £8.00 including postage, with a cleaning kit for the bladder, which I didn't even want.

Reactions: KirstinS

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Interesting! Cheers Soundwave....wonder if they do one that holds 2 lol....time to break out the BOB trailer and load it up with batteries for touring!!
Hmm. I have a Edinburgh Revolution trailer but realise that my newest bike has a screw in rear axle instead of the special Revolution quick release type. Trailer is ok for shopping but feels odd on twisty trails!

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
With the sort of world we live in today, I do wonder if walking around with a back-pack containing a large heavy box with wires sticking out of it is a good idea.
Don't try strolling into a government building with it on your back :oops:

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I ended up shelling out for an "Ergon BA3 E Protect" backpack...it's a German made 15L (+2L)bag and is designed for the Bosch Powerpack ! Has a removable back protector and can take a smaller (BH 150)horizontal bladder but I've mounted a cage now under the seat on the top tube anyway...lots of very useful small compartments to put spares and tools and not have them all thrown in together...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Here is an example of one that is currently on Ebay.
where do you put the batt ? inside with the bladder.

well i got it in there but under the bladder but is there any insert i can use to make it more comfortable as jack on there site.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but the bladder does not come out of the one i got?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
On mine, there is a full length zip on te side of the hydration pack.

On checking, I suspect that what you need to do is lever up the flat plastic collar that holds the lid on. Stupidly it doesn't un- thread, and has to be levered off and push fitted. The bag design is good, but that aspect isn't.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah it is the same just was hoping the batt fitted over the bladder to use it as a cushion but have stuffed some bubble wrap in that pocket on the back and will do for now.

just need to fix the motor now lol

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Went out on Tuesday night for a ride and noticed the right side waist strap had torn at what soon on very close inspection turned out to be an achilles heel of the bag... neoprene while stretchy and comfy is also very poor and pulls apart easy.
Took the bag to work the next day, out with the sewing machine and nylon thread and sourced a suitable bit of webbing and stitched this to bridge the neoprene weak area which had been hanging together by the two outer edges... strong now as I quadruple stitched it in 3 areas and put a single stitch left of the E to keep the neoprene from further snagging or ripping....job done!
20191004_212438.jpg
This shows the ripped neoprene and it was attached to the underlying bit of webbing. I threaded the new bit through the tear.
20191004_212503.jpg
This is the back of the belt with the ends pushed together to exaggerate the area being bridged....
20191004_212528.jpg
This shows the new webbing exiting from the back to the right of my finger and it's stitched to the left of my finger on solid material...the webbing then passes under a side pocket on the belt -and where that is about to exit and hit the pack on the back I stitched it there too...
The missus wanted me to send it back for repair? Germany? !

Related Articles

Advertisers