Ebike battery renewal

Mooster1976

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 21, 2023
Do you know if the battery on the bike works ? have you a photo on the battery charge port ?
Dont know if it works yet, its certainly been flat (or dead) since its arrived, will take a photo of the charging port when i get home from work, only thing I have found on-line are sales listing which list a 6.8Ah LI-ON battery.

Worst case I have an ok (if a little heavy) bike for short journets

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Dont know if it works yet, its certainly been flat (or dead) since its arrived, will take a photo of the charging port when i get home from work, only thing I have found on-line are sales listing which list a 6.8Ah LI-ON battery.

Worst case I have an ok (if a little heavy) bike for short journets
I'd be suprised if you can resurrect the battery - I wonder if you could bin it and fit a standard downtube 36v battery (and get a bit more range) and use the existing connections to the motor and controller ?

Reactions: Mooster1976

Mooster1976

Dec 21, 2023
I'd be suprised if you can resurrect the battery - I wonder if you could bin it and fit a standard downtube 36v battery (and get a bit more range) and use the existing connections to the motor and controller ?
Its not something I had considered, bit I will try getting a charge into it first and if it is dead will probably give this a go (after I do a bit of reading)

Leego82

Just Joined
Jan 27, 2024
Hi all, anyone have any luck with battery for the Signal? I had a quote of a recell foe £250. Are the batteries easy to remove? Or has anyone found an alternative yet? Many thanks

Mooster1976

Dec 21, 2023
Hi all, anyone have any luck with battery for the Signal? I had a quote of a recell foe £250. Are the batteries easy to remove? Or has anyone found an alternative yet? Many thanks
Not had any luck yet, removal of the battery is a bit of a pain (assuming I didn't find a harder way to do it) I had to remove the silver plate at the front and then take of the front forks to get access to the battery

Do you have a charger? , If yes could you confirm the power details and size of the plug end that goes into the bike?