Ebike charging using Street EV chargers for electric cars

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Putting this here rather than start a new thread, a neat idea if you rent a "bike & battery" package, I'd not want to swap my new & well looked after battery for one with an unknown history.

Hot-swappabe battery exchange base station ?View attachment 42719
Can you imagine what would happen if someone set fire to that thing. I hope it's not made of plastic!

Muckypup

Just Joined
Nov 24, 2020
Just going back to comments left , jul 2 2020 by wheezey and fleck .
Not too long ago , everyone wanted to SAVE THE CONGO . . .
Where does one of the vital ingredients of Lithium batteries come from . . . Cobalt , predominantly open mined in the CONGO
And lest I forget to mention , that’s mined by hand BY CHILDREN ( hopefully it’s just a Saturday job ? )

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
Just going back to comments left , jul 2 2020 by wheezey and fleck .
Not too long ago , everyone wanted to SAVE THE CONGO . . .
Where does one of the vital ingredients of Lithium batteries come from . . . Cobalt , predominantly open mined in the CONGO
And lest I forget to mention , that’s mined by hand BY CHILDREN ( hopefully it’s just a Saturday job ? )

There is a range of Lithium battery chemistries, and iirc not all require Cobalt, but yeah, the ones that do have bad eco / etc. credentials.

Muckypup

Just Joined
Nov 24, 2020
There is a range of Lithium battery chemistries, and iirc not all require Cobalt, but yeah, the ones that do have bad eco / etc. credentials.

GSV3MiaC , thanks for coining the phrase BAD ECO

Having been chained to a bicycle of some description , for the last 5 years of commuting , I’ve clocked up well over 36,000 miles .
During this time , I’ve been asking all the usual questions ( researching ) Stronger , Faster , Longer . . . How could I have got more from my 25kg Tank of an E-Bike ?
Try as I might , the answers NEVER came back as I wanted them to ,
But
Simple Mathematics do highlight the following :

1/60 th exploitation of rare earth elements ( and labour ) when compared to an Electric car .

98% less manufacture and running costs ( Carbon ) currently running at 2.5 pence /mile ( including purchase and maintenance )

As for being the Future of Transportation . . . ?
If there was such a SMILE-OMETER , it would read Healthier , Happier ( and as many cakes and pies as you like , guilt free )