ebike conversion kit newbie

Danny1404

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 25, 2020
Morning all, I am a newbie to the ebike scene and having just fitted a conversion kit to my bike I will probably be a regular visitor to the site.:D

Reactions: jimriley

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
Morning all, I am a newbie to the ebike scene and having just fitted a conversion kit to my bike I will probably be a regular visitor to the site.:D
Welcome Dan

It would be worth doing a brief "build report" (in the conversion kit section of the forum) letting people know the kit you used, the bike you fitted it to, any challenges you faced and learns from the experience.

It would also be worth mentioning your own knowledge/ experience level and how hard you found the installation. A lot of people seem to think that the kits can only be fitted by engineers (not true) and that puts them off buying them.

Reactions: Harrie and jimriley

Danny1404

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 25, 2020
Welcome Dan

It would be worth doing a brief "build report" (in the conversion kit section of the forum) letting people know the kit you used, the bike you fitted it to, any challenges you faced and learns from the experience.

It would also be worth mentioning your own knowledge/ experience level and how hard you found the installation. A lot of people seem to think that the kits can only be fitted by engineers (not true) and that puts them off buying them.
I definitely will as this was the first time I've changed a tyre on a push bike and I'm almost 40

Reactions: Gavin

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Welcome Dan

The build report is a Good Idea. Anyone have a spare Round Tuit they could send me?