ebike cost

geoff c

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2014
sorry posted this in wrong place I will try again.i wanted a woosh big bear cos they look so good. on e mailing them with my details inside leg 29in, andy hall from woosh replied that the seat post will only go down to32 in from seat to ground don't fany having to get off bike seat every time I stop so started looking around locally for an ebike I live Kendal Cumbria so the choice is not great, having found a retailer in bowness on windermere that rent bikes out and sell them I thought I would give it a try out tried first an freego martin sport and it was fantastic it piles power on nice computer to fiddle with hydraulic brakes really comfy seat but it retailes at 1699 pounds is it good value for money also tried the eagle not as impressive to me as the sport but very good.had a go on a battery bike but it was a step through did not like it at all . I have a hard earned 2 grand to spend so any thoughts of members would be appreacited

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
on e mailing them with my details inside leg 29in, andy hall from woosh replied that the seat post will only go down to32 in from seat to ground don't fany having to get off bike seat every time I stop
That's fine, you will not find a bike to fit you correctly with that train of thought, apart from ones where the cranks are a long way forward. You'll reach the floor with your toes of one foot whilst sat on the bike with the saddle in the correct position.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Does the Big Bear have a suspension seatpost? You could fit a standard seatpost instead and gain an inch or two perhaps?

geoff c

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2014
d8veh I value your opinion and have tried out the martin sport and it fitted me great I have saved for this day for a long time (pound coins in a 300g coffee jar taken a long time) so I would love a big bear but a bit put off by andy hall comments about seat height me being a short fat hairy legs ha ha is the martin sport in your opinion worth the money 1699 pounds I have the money local dealer 10 miles away and going tomorrow to maybe order one please help

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
My bike seat is a touch under 36" my inside leg is 29" and I just put my toe on the ground with the bike slightly leaned or hop off the seat with the seat set for best pedalling, my bike is a step through so the only thing you would have to check is the straddle height of the top bar (or buy the stepthrough Big bear).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

You have all the information. You only have to choose. We can't choose for you.