EBike for tall man with arthritic hip

Vans

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 21, 2021
I am 6’4” man with mobility problems with my right hip. HopI get for ebike suggestions.

Can just about get my leg over my old Trek mountain bike but it is not a pretty sight. So have not cycled for a while. Wanting an ebike to do the shopping and local road trips.

Looked at the Radrunner because of a review but last time I checked the company said they had paused exports to the UK from Europe.

Noticed the Raleigh Modus with a step through frame for £2,300, which is doable but at the top end of what I want to spend

Also read a very positive review of the Ribble Al e for £2,200. Not a step through frame but it looks a bit lower than my Trek. Unfortunately not sure there are any places in Berkshire for me to check one out

Low maintenance would be a plus

i would be very grateful for any suggestion or help

Vans

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 21, 2021

I was asked to give an update so here it is.

i bought the above bike. As mentioned before, there were so many bikes I wanted but were just not available, out of stock, very long delivery times , wrong frame style, not big enough.

this one weigh in at 25kg but is really easy to ride and most importantly I can actually ride it because of the step through frame.

”you never forget how to ride a bike” - wrong. Made sure I was on quiet roads for a bit.

The bike has helped my mobility, and getting me a bit fitter so a good invest

thanks for all the help

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
View attachment 42733

I was asked to give an update so here it is.

i bought the above bike. As mentioned before, there were so many bikes I wanted but were just not available, out of stock, very long delivery times , wrong frame style, not big enough.

this one weigh in at 25kg but is really easy to ride and most importantly I can actually ride it because of the step through frame.

”you never forget how to ride a bike” - wrong. Made sure I was on quiet roads for a bit.

The bike has helped my mobility, and getting me a bit fitter so a good invest

thanks for all the help
Glad that it has all worked out for you.