Ebike for tall rider with Nexus gears?

Doubleclanger

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2019
Could anyone advise me on a suitable bike for a tall bloke (6ft 2ins+) with either crossbar or stepover.
As a novice i really like the adaptability of the Nexus gears so think I will have to have front hub driven.
Not sure about front suspension or disc brakes (I've read that front suspension doesnt go well with front hub driven?) as I will be using for leisure rather than commuting.
Any advice gratefully received.

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Why front hub drive? Would you not consider crank drive ie shimano, Bosch, Yamaha or Brose? There are a few that use the Nexus 7 or 8 hub gear; maybe the Raleigh Motus might be what your looking for, it's large size frame should fit you nicely.

Doubleclanger

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2019
Hi Robbieg,
I didn't realize that you could get the Nexus gears with anything other than front hub drive.
I'll have a look.
Thank you for the steer.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
6'4" and a bit here. I've a Whyte Coniston with a Shimano crank drive. Had it three years and still love it to bits. Smashing all rounder. Standard derailleur at the back, which is simplicity itself. Done somewhere over 5,000 miles on it now, and if something happened to it, I'd replace it tomorrow with an identical bike.

Gaz