ebike insurance for conversions

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The configurator patches over firmware values, it's a hack.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a dongle is a hack in the same way i can buy one of those or a programme cable, yet no one has managed to hack in to a bosch controller after 10 years.

the new smart batts wont even work on my bike as have new bms so back to square one recelling them :mad:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
a dongle is a hack in the same way i can buy one of those or a programme cable, yet no one has managed to hack in to a bosch controller after 10 years.

the new smart batts wont even work on my bike as have new bms so back to square one recelling them :mad:
You should buy yourself a nice illegal but nighly configurable BBSHD while Bafang are still making them, and a bunch of spares - you know more about the HD than your mate who owns one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i know i helped build both of them he did think about a surron but given the price and waight of the things and a 2k batt the hd is better and way cheaper my bike is just a money pit id never buy another one unless it was dirt cheap and a yamaha motor ;)

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
look at it like a car with a 2l motor if i fit dual turbos to it or change the hole engine for a 5000bhp one it would still be insured until they take a look at it and then ur fooked.
Check the insurance small print. There is very likley a clause that requires you to inform the insurance company if there are 'modifications' to the vehicle from standard. Do the mod and not inform them, voids the insurance.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Check the insurance small print. There is very likley a clause that requires you to inform the insurance company if there are 'modifications' to the vehicle from standard. Do the mod and not inform them, voids the insurance.
i dont even think you can fit a new car stereo in a car these days and not tell the insurance or it will be void :eek: