Ebike keeps cutting off have

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller draws more current then the 30a continuous BMS can deliver so it will cut power, though the BMS should be able to deliver above 30a for very short periods (10 - 30secs) if the cells can deliver.
What is the battery cell used, not just the cell maker but the cell designation.
In short it looks as if the cells aren't capable so you are seeing the cut outs due to likely voltage sag above PAS 3.
Using the Lcd set the C5 value lower to see if you can prevent the cut outs.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Basically, you battery has a BMS that will cut power at 30 amps and your controller is trying to draw 35 amps.

You might be able to solve it with your C5 setting, depending which version of software is in your controller. C5=10 should be the present setting,which is maximum current according to the label. Try decreasing that number one step at a time until the cut-outs stop. Maybe go one step further because it'll give your battery an easier time.

Boyaffy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2020
The controller draws more current then the 30a continuous BMS can deliver so it will cut power, though the BMS should be able to deliver above 30a for very short periods (10 - 30secs) if the cells can deliver.
What is the battery cell used, not just the cell maker but the cell designation.
In short it looks as if the cells aren't capable so you are seeing the cut outs due to likely voltage sag above PAS 3.
Using the Lcd set the C5 value lower to see if you can prevent the cut outs.
Still same with c5 setting on 2 and 3 is there anywhere UK based I buy a controller that will be less voltage and compatible with the lcd 3 all on ebay are from China my 1000w controller has 6 wires for throttle and lcd 3 has 5 wires will the display work if I connect the 5 wires and leave the extra wire just a thoughy

Boyaffy

Aug 2, 2020
Basically, you battery has a BMS that will cut power at 30 amps and your controller is trying to draw 35 amps.

You might be able to solve it with your C5 setting, depending which version of software is in your controller. C5=10 should be the present setting,which is maximum current according to the label. Try decreasing that number one step at a time until the cut-outs stop. Maybe go one step further because it'll give your battery an easier time.
expand...
Still same with c5 setting on 2 and 3 is there anywhere UK based I buy a controller that will be less voltage and compatible with the lcd 3 all on ebay are from China my 1000w controller has 6 wires for throttle and lcd 3 has 5 wires will the display work if I connect the 5 wires and leave the extra wire just a thought

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's not less voltage you need it's the current rating.

You have a 48v battery so the dual voltage controller is capable for the battery voltage.
Depending on the cells used in the battery, the 1500w controllers top current may have already caused damage to the cells.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Still same with c5 setting on 2 and 3 is there anywhere UK based I buy a controller that will be less voltage and compatible with the lcd 3 all on ebay are from China my 1000w controller has 6 wires for throttle and lcd 3 has 5 wires will the display work if I connect the 5 wires and leave the extra wire just a thought
C5=2 has no function. What other values did you try apart from 3?

Boyaffy

Aug 2, 2020
It's not less voltage you need it's the current rating.

You have a 48v battery so the dual voltage controller is capable for the battery voltage.
Depending on the cells used in the battery, the 1500w controllers top current may have already caused damage to the cells.
Cells are genuine samsun cells so best bet is just take it off and put back the 1000w controller that came with kit as don't want to damage battery
How will I no if battery has been affected

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Samsung makes lots of cells depends which cell designation ?
Some are better then others.

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
I sold him the kt display and controller on ebay all working but listed it as a kt display and send the controller for free as a set I've said it down to is battery bms amps but now wonts to send it back

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Where's the text gone in the OP ?

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
You tell mate he's obviously deleted it I've reported him to ebay as a bad buyer I've told him plus others have its your battery not the controller and display do still wonts to send it back something to do with consumer rights let eBay sort it out as said from day one your buying just the display only

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
You tell mate he's obviously deleted it I've reported him to ebay as a bad buyer I've told him plus others have its your battery not the controller and display do still wonts to send it back something to do with consumer rights let eBay sort it out as said from day one your buying just the display only
Speaking from experience, you'd be better off accepting the return and refunding once you have confirmed the goods have been returned in the same condition they were sent. If you refuse, in certain circumstances ebay will likely make you issue a refund and will allow the buyer to keep the goods.

PM me if you require further information.

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Yeah but why should people like that always get away with it and be on is side it looks a bit dodgy when you post something up clearly stated that is working and then try to delete your post

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Yeah but why should people like that always get away with it and be on is side it looks a bit dodgy when you post something up clearly stated that is working and then try to delete your post
The reality is that the ebay money back guarantee and associated policies trumps everything and is what we agree to when we use the site.

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Well I've got to till the 10th to offer a refund if I offer a refund does he get the money straight away or does he have to wait till I receive it back and check it and then I release the money

Last edited: