Ebike light wiring ideas

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
Hi, I have a stealth bomber and I'm wanting to install a full lighting system.
I currently have the 72v light kit you can get from ebay with headlight, turn signal, rear light etc.. but I'm wanting some individual rear turn signals as the ones I have are really close together and it's hard to see what way I'm turning if that makes any sense.
I'm also wanting low beam and high beam lights and a brake light, my rear brake has a 2 pin connector coming from it but I don't know where to start when it comes to wiring etc.
I have a 12v 10a dc converter that's powering my horn and usb hub If I buy another one what kind would I need to power turn signals and brake light, headlight and what components would I need like relays, flashers? Also I have the motocycle style seat installed and not sure where I could mount the indicators? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
DIY?
The leave the old turn signals where they are and add some LED ones say to the end of the handlebars, maybe add them to right and left hand mirrors. Run wiring carefully from the old ones maybe.
Remember, the farther out they are, the more likely they are to get knocks/damaged.
Let us see some photos with what you decide to do.
Regards
Andy

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
DIY?
The leave the old turn signals where they are and add some LED ones say to the end of the handlebars, maybe add them to right and left hand mirrors. Run wiring carefully from the old ones maybe.
Remember, the farther out they are, the more likely they are to get knocks/damaged.
Regards
Andy
I'll send some pics shortly to get a better idea, I've seen some mirrors on ebay for I think £25 and they have indicators already built in and I'll get some 10mm thread mounts so I can fit them but I have no idea on how to wire relays for the turn signals lol what kind would I need as there's 4 or 5 pin? And would my 72v lights work on 12v? Becuase I could have all the lights running 12v then.. thanks

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
H
DIY?
Regards
Andy
Here's what I was going to buy
The light set with headlight is what I already have.

Attachments

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I'll send some pics shortly to get a better idea, I've seen some mirrors on ebay for I think £25 and they have indicators already built in and I'll get some 10mm thread mounts so I can fit them but I have no idea on how to wire relays for the turn signals lol what kind would I need as there's 4 or 5 pin? And would my 72v lights work on 12v? Because I could have all the lights running 12v then.. thanks
What is 12 volt on your bike and what is 72 volts?
Relays are no problem really, as long as they do not sit outside in the weather....
Think of them as a switch, that gets operated by electricity, to switch other electrical things on and off!
regards
Andy

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
What is 12 volt on your bike and what is 72 volts?
Relays are no problem really, as long as they do not sit outside in the weather....
Think of them as a switch, that gets operated by electricity, to switch other electrical things on and off!
regards
Andy
My horn and my USB hub is 12v running on a 12v 10a converter and my front headlight, back light and turn signals are running 72v

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
My horn and my USB hub is 12v running on a 12v 10a converter and my front headlight, back light and turn signals are running 72v
Then if you want to use the turn signal 72 volts, to operate a relay to switch the 12 volts for the new turn signals, that's an easy fix.
It may even be ok to make your own by wrapping wire around these:-
With 72 volts as the signal, you probably will only need a dozen turns or so.
Experiment.
They are also very cheap to purchase.
You may find this instructive:-
regards
Andy