Ebike motors? Hi i have just bought an 'old nail' Probike. Mercury, without the battery

Spartacus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 2, 2018
Newark
Hi i have bought on Ebay an `old nail`(Probike Mercury.) without a battery and no history.1st marketed by Whittlesea Cycles now closed down. I needed a step through bike as a recent illness has limited my ability and confidence. The battery cradle has three vertical protuding power prongs to accept a bottom connecting battery.No info re pos or neg. the motor is as far as i know is HUADA HDW 200 high speed brushless. made in china would any of you know the battery voltage needed, or any other information you have would be most welcome .Regards Spartacus.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Have a look at homleschapelbikes.co.uk and download their catalogue, there's a Mercury right at the end on page 44.

Couldn't put a link up probably because it's a PDF file.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Forget the lead acid (sla) battery replacement and buy a 24v lithium battery and new cradle for it to sit in, lithium will be lighter and you will get so much more power/range from the battery. Lithium like for like will be twice as better then old heavy SLA.

A silver fish /Whitebait battery like this should easily retrofit behind the seat post or even slide straight in, this one includes the new battery holder and charger.
Polarity of existing pin outs would need to be check first.

If you want more capacity Ah/Wh,

Or you can get one from Jimmy at ebikebatteries.co.uk

Last edited: