ebike needed for work comute

marc.knuckle

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2012
pretty much decided on the aurora kit and mongoose tyax comp 2011 bike unless anyone has and last minute suggestions or advice :D

C

Cyclezee

I only have one question Marc if I may.

What has been the deciding factor when choosing a kit?

marc.knuckle

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2012
2 things really John.

first is the price, for £1000 i get a bike of my choosing and a 350w kit.

the second is connected to the first in that for that £1000 i get a more powerful kit, not restricted.

the donor bike and kit route that could be de restricted with yourself would be £300 more and still would have been the 250w. the pre built bike you offer would still be 250w but would have been even more.

i am grateful of all your help though John.

C

Cyclezee

Thank you for your reply Marc,

I quite understand the price issue, I can only say that you get what you pay for

With regard to your other reasons I have sent you a PM.

Regards,

C

Cyclezee

The Primo which has the Mk1 eZee motor along the Forza EV and Dahon Bullet which have rear Bafang motors cannot be derestricted for off road use. Using larger capacity batteries increases range not performance.

All other eZee bikes, Torq Mk3, Forza Mk2, Sprint 8 and conversion kits with the Mk2 eZee motor can be derestricted for use on private land.

We do not dictate to customers how or where to ride and if they wish to modify a bike or kit to suit their requirements that is up to them.

However, if someone asks us to supply something that is likely to be impractical, unsafe or illegal, or invalidate warranty, I think most would agree that we have a responsibility to advise against it.
Just to clarify something which was not clear in this post, the eZee Mk1 kits can be de-restricted as can the eZee Mk2 kits. It is only the Sprint Primo, Forza EV and Dahon Bullet from the eZee bike range that cannot.