Ebike not working.

Stevie Atkinson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi there, a few months ago I posted a query about my Ebike how it just stopped while out on a ride one day,it's a 350w 36v 13ah fat tyre snow bike, I thought it was the C500 lcd display unit that was faulty, bought a new one, Ebike still not working, then the Ebike forum's suggested it could be the battery, I had a full charge on the battery when it just stopped, then more suggestions it could be the bms, got an Ebike mechanic to put in a new BMS, still no joy, I've since bought a new battery and casing, I put it on my Ebike now at least my lcd display comes on but its flashing bms error code, the lcd display manual does not have a code for "bms error".
I've lost count of the times I've checked all the wiring and connectors, they all look okay to me, at a loss now on what to do.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Stevie.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
So, you had a problem, we started helping you, then you abandoned us to go on other forums to listen to guys that don't have a clue, then spent money on a so-called electric bike mechanic, who doesn't even know the basics of fixing electric bikes. Now you're back here again asking us to waste more of our time for nothing.

When you have problems, there are two ways to solve them. You can start randomly replacing parts until you get to the faulty one or you can use measurements and tests to find the cause of your problem. I prefer the latter one, as it saves a lot of time and money.

I would start by measuring the battery voltage where it connects to the controller before and after you switch on to see what happens to it. If it's low before you switch on, disconnect the battery and measure again. Those three results will give a good indication where to look next.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you have a short circuit somewhere that's switching off the BMS - probably a blown MOSFET in the controller, but if you go on guesses, you'll probably end up wasting another couple of months and more money.

All we ask in return for help is that you cooperate with suggestions and report progress until you finally confirm that the problem is fixed and how you did it instead of leaving without a conclusion, which is really frustrating for anybody else searching for a solution to the same problem.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The guessers who offer advice are very good at spending other peoples money, if they are very lucky they might guess right. It isn't the way to go about fault finding.

Reactions: MontyPAS