ebike recommendation

skint

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 27, 2014
As mentioned above I'd also urge you to wait for euro bike / NEC. The new Haibike S range is special and we as dedicated Haibike dealers expect to get the first UK bikes fairly soon, just after the 2015 X range. On YerBike in Preston as a a dedicated Raleigh Cycle Life Electric dealer is probably your best bet to get access to the bikes locally. Give John or Ryan a try there. Hopefully they've recovered from their Schweinfurt weekend by now...
Thanks i thought the bike show was in Germany? Could you give me dates for the NEC please?
Does On yerbike in Preston also sell Haibike?

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Thanks oldtom, just checked the site, no badboy in there, but I am sure there's a kit for it, how much on average their kit cost?

I will probably give them a ring tomorrow.

Kin, if you choose to add a kit to your Badboy, any of the mainstream after-market systems would provide ample power and would transform your bike into something you'd really enjoy riding.

450.jpg

447.jpg

The Cytronex people are not stocking the Badboy models this year it appears but last year they offered both the rigid-frame and the Headshock model with their kit fitted as shown in the attached pics.

While some would like to sell you a very well priced new bike, stout enough to haul your weight around and make hill-climbing easier, do you really want/need another bike?

If the answer to that is no, then a kit is the way to go. As for your existing bike, all Cannondales are pretty decent riding machines and the Badboy hybrids are fine for commuting and very light trail work.

The reason I mentioned Cyclezee is because they have more than one brand of kit available and you get to deal with someone in the UK who's knowledgeable about EAPCs and associated paraphernalia.

Whatever you decide to do, don't rush into a decision as many before you have tried the toe-in-the-water approach by purchasing something which turns out to be inadequate for their needs, only to find they need to do it all again. That's why everyone advises trying out as many examples as possible. While I have been typing, I have just remembered that you're in the north-west so you're not too far away from Juicybikes over in Derbyshire. They have a fine reputation and I think they may have other premises somewhere near you. I may be wrong there but you could contact them anyway.

Best of luck with your search,

Tom

skint

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 27, 2014
Ok then, spent the last hour or so doing more searches, rang a few places up.
Cytronics, nothing for my Badboy until end of year, probably mean early next year? Price around £850 for the kit, but Cytronic said the hubmotor is 178w power only.

Bikeshed Huddersfield recommend KTM ecross P, £2050, reasonable price, but that battery pack is pretty ugly! But I will still want to try it out along with the Bosch bike to get a feel for it. May be I might even change my mind about its looks?

On yer bike, they only seems to have small frame Haibike in stock.

Ebike in Surrey, asked about the Moustache Samedi HT Gold £2999 instead of my original Titanium, sold out apparently, asked any discount given for cash if I was to buy other model, none whatsoever, put me off slightly,

Onbike recommend Scott e aspect 720.

I believe there's a bike show in September at the NEC, if I haven't manage to buy a bike then, I'll pop down.