Ebike tourqe arm and dropout help

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
Hi, I have my 3kw motor setup with a tourqe arm but when I tighten up the nuts on the axle the inside of the hub next to where the dropout is seems to bind and Scrape , so I loosened the nut slightly and I checked it yesterday after riding it for about 2-3 weeks and I could loosen the nut with my finger, will it be OK to ride with one nut finger tight as the other one is tight and doesn't bind or is it dangerous to do that?
The tourqe arm is also really tight on the frame so no issues with that..

derryvolgie

Just Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Hi, I have my 3kw motor setup with a tourqe arm but when I tighten up the nuts on the axle the inside of the hub next to where the dropout is seems to bind and Scrape , so I loosened the nut slightly and I checked it yesterday after riding it for about 2-3 weeks and I could loosen the nut with my finger, will it be OK to ride with one nut finger tight as the other one is tight and doesn't bind or is it dangerous to do that?
The tourqe arm is also really tight on the frame so no issues with that..
Strongly agree with vfr400.The front wheel needs to be securely held. I knew a boy whose front wheel fell out and he fell onto one of the handlebar ends which was pointing upwards. He punctured his abdomen causing internal injuries.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As has been said the drop outs need spacing with washers if the the motor rubs on the forks or drop outs, axles nuts need to be tight.