Ebikemotion 35+ LCD display on Orbea Vibe

logicped

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 11, 2020
I have a new Orbea Vibe H10. It has the tiny 'iwoc' controller with no display, just a rough battery light. I hookup my phone via bluetooth and run the MAHLE app and it shows me power level, speed and remaining battery percentage. This is great, but of course when I load my Komoot navigation the MAHLE stuff dissapears and I can only see the speed.

I see that Orbea produce an LCD display which shows all this (great!). It's about £80 (not great). The main issue with this is I think that it 'replaces' the superb mini iwoc controller which is a pain so it can no longer be used.

I think the battery or controller has some kind of Ant+ technology that can be tapped into to get the speed/battery percentage and gear etc? Would there be any other navigation apps that could tap into this to save me buying a display and having to remove the iWoc controller?

Thanks

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have an ask on cycle uk, quite a few ride the gain road bikes so may have the same displays and an answer.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
The main issue with this is I think that it 'replaces' the superb mini iwoc controller which is a pain so it can no longer be used.

This bit of kit suggests you can have both the iWoc and the Ant running:

Yours is a more recent bike with both iWoc and the Ant in-built, so this dongle isn't needed of course, but I suggest asking Mahle/Orbea if both iWoc and display can operate at the same time, before spending.

Alternatively, you may already have a smartphone with multi-window capabilities so you can view Komoot and the Mahle app at the same time.