Electric Bike Publicity

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The gadget show (Channel 5 tonight) featured the Urban Mover bike that Jonathan bought. It was included in a mountain bike feature, but it occurred to me that if other suppliers like 50cycles made the offer of bikes, they might do a future feature on electric bikes only.

I've mailed out the link to here. The more suppliers aware of the site, the better.

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Interesting, it does sound like a good idea for a feature as they are gadgets after all!

Is the show repeated?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Unfortunately not any more Russ. They used to until recently but have now stopped. This is probably because of the competition they now run as part of the program.

In contrast, the following program, Fifth Gear, featured a two ton, four wheel drive Mercedes-AMG which with luck might achieve 17 mpg. The Mercedes people present said it wasn't worth trying off road, only any good on road. What an exercise in pointless and irresponsible design.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think they've got their Ks mixed up with their Ms, Jed! Thanks for the link.

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
Hi Flecc,

what did they talk about on the show? Did they pick an overall winner like they normally do?

thanks
Jed

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't remember Jed, I was concentrating on the bikes and didn't listen for a conclusion. I don't think so though, as I remember them summarising each bike but not anything beyond that. As so often my interest flagged when their inexperience with the subject lead to odd conclusions, like a high regard for the gimmicky Hummer bike with it's high bar frame putting the weight where it doesn't belong. Style before substance.