Electric bike vlog

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
So, after much messing about with cameras and microphones i think i'm finally ready to record my first vlog on the Aurora. Vlogging (video-blogging) is something motorbikers seem to do quite a lot, just riding around talking to the camera, about... well anything they like. Have a search for Svengalie on YouTube for an example.

Generally speaking, you cant do it on a pushbike as you need to breath too hard to talk for extended periods. eBikes though, dont suffer from this, i can just ease off, throttle up and yak away.

So, tomorrow morning i'm going to have a crack at it and load one up to YouTube. I am very self-conscious about it initially, my voice sounds different to how i think it does, even my accent.

The first Vlog will be discussing electric bikes, my opinions and experiences of them, and what i expect the future may hold for them.

Is there any subject anyone would like me to bring up?

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
That's awesome - I think what will really be great to see is "a week in the life of..." type videos. Kinda like a self-shot documentary. You see those type of programmes on the Discovery channel now and again. (Heck, you might be able to sell it to a network ;) )

Will be watching - what's your YouTube channel?

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Oldtimer made some very good videos last year, have a search on the forum...

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
I'd certainly like to see some of you cycling through traffic, with parked cars, pedestrians, other cyclists, and so on; I'm sure you DO get on okay without mirrors (no, I'm not obsessed, just interested!), but I'd like to see it in action.

Oh, and also your use of the throttle - I do use mine each time I start off from scratch, but once I'm rolling it's just pedals - so that too would be interesting.

PS Have you got QuickTime Pro? Not the best video editing program out there, but it does raise QuickTime to a more useful level, and not expensive. Handy until you buy your Mac and have built-in iDVD etc., anyway...

Allen.

Last edited:

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I've recorded it this morning, all on my off-road section, but I do plan to do more. I've been using Windows Live movie editor, which is ok-ish. You can also edit within YouTube once you've uploaded it, which is faster using their servers. Just need to roughly chop it to an uploadable size first.

Might take me a day or two to get it up now, but I'll see what I can do tonight.