Electric Bike World - Mountain Sport

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

Deadeye

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2020
Quite stylish in a sort of retro, dare I say hipster, way.

I wouldn't worry about the warranty.

The bike has basic ebike technology which has the benefit of being reliable and well-proven.

Ebikes are finally gaining a little bit of traction in the market, which means there are now more shops with the expertise to fix basic them.

For example, it's now routine for my local bike shop to have a couple of ebikes in for repairs, do their knowledge is improving all the time.
Thanks for your advice.

Deadeye

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2020
Very nice to hear that thanks. Feeling quite good about it now, looking forward to riding it now. Arrgh the last bit no so good.
Is there anything I should consider buying as a spare now, seeing the're not made anymore? Would the battery have to be the exact same one?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is there anything I should consider buying as a spare now, seeing the're not made anymore?
Enjoy riding the e-bike and don't worry about it. It's a good buy.
If and when you need fixing something, that will be some years into the future yet and the forum will still be here.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Would the battery have to be the exact same one?
Don't worry too much. Don't get another battery unless you are planning on long trips. Unused batteries can deteriorate quicker than used ones if you are not careful with their storage. You could swap between two, but even then if you don't do big mileages they might die more of age than of use/charge cycles.

• Agree
Reactions: RobF

Deadeye

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2020
Enjoy riding the e-bike and don't worry about it. It's a good buy.
If and when you need fixing something, that will be some years into the future yet and the forum will still be here.
Cool. Just worried about when the battery needs replacing that I can get another one.

Deadeye

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2020
Don't worry too much. Don't get another battery unless you are planning on long trips. Unused batteries can deteriorate quicker than used ones if you are not careful with their storage. You could swap between two, but even then if you don't do big mileages they might die more of age than of use/charge cycles.
Ok thanks.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Cool. Just worried about when the battery needs replacing that I can get another one.
for your peace of mind, ask the suppliers how much is a replacement battery and will they keep them in stock 2 years from now.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
not that you'll need it in two years time. Batteries improve all the time. People tend to keep them for 5 years on average.

Deadeye

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2020
not that you'll need it in two years time. Batteries improve all the time. People tend to keep them for 5 years on average.

Thanks.

Sadly the bike I ordered has sadly been lost and not found as yet, and unlikely to be found now apparently. Here's what they wrote,

"Hello,

Apologies for this message. It has come to our attention that your order was not dispatched on the date recorded.

For various reasons we have only recently been informed by the warehouse that the shipping label was still there, as the stock could not be located at the time.

They are attempting to locate but feel as though the model may be on a trailer which has still yet to be unloaded from the recent warehouse move.
Currently; they estimate that all trailers should be unloaded towards the end of next week. At which point, all being well, we should hopefully be able to dispatch the order.

Please can you advise if you would prefer to wait or if we should issue a refund?
Regards, Mark."

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
they are saying they have only that one left.
You should perhaps up your budget a little and buy another bike.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Thanks.

Sadly the bike I ordered has sadly been lost and not found as yet, and unlikely to be found now apparently. Here's what they wrote,

"Hello,

Apologies for this message. It has come to our attention that your order was not dispatched on the date recorded.

For various reasons we have only recently been informed by the warehouse that the shipping label was still there, as the stock could not be located at the time.

They are attempting to locate but feel as though the model may be on a trailer which has still yet to be unloaded from the recent warehouse move.
Currently; they estimate that all trailers should be unloaded towards the end of next week. At which point, all being well, we should hopefully be able to dispatch the order.

Please can you advise if you would prefer to wait or if we should issue a refund?
Regards, Mark."
jokers, that stuff p15535 me right off, get a grip, you've either got stock or not, sort out your website

Reactions: Deadeye