Electric bikes let you go outdoors and feel low-carbon travel

Aug 12, 2021
USA
Ebikes aren't just fun, though. They're the future.Say goodbye to the crowded bus. In a carbon-free world where cities are less car-centric, e-bikes will be the personal vehicle of choice for the short trips that most city dwellers take to work, dinner out, or the grocery store.Every moment of your life gives you freedom and joy.
As we think about the future of cities post-coronavirus,electric bike are a great type of freedom that can help us achieve low-carbon or carbon-free mobility and help everyone get around in a really fun way.
What do you think is the real appeal of e-bike?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Ebikes aren't just fun, though. They're the future.Say goodbye to the crowded bus. In a carbon-free world where cities are less car-centric, e-bikes will be the personal vehicle of choice for the short trips that most city dwellers take to work, dinner out, or the grocery store.Every moment of your life gives you freedom and joy.
As we think about the future of cities post-coronavirus,electric bike are a great type of freedom that can help us achieve low-carbon or carbon-free mobility and help everyone get around in a really fun way.
What do you think is the real appeal of e-bike?
View attachment 44566View attachment 44567
I do not drive cars anymore, my wife has a car when needed, so I can also drink a beer or three without worrying! I am not even on the insurance anymore!
I go shopping and exercise the dog while on my bike, and its only about 3 KMs to the shops (guessing only, it may even be 4 or 5 KMs, I have never measured it out!!), I can usually pick good weather too!
regards
Andy

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
In a carbon-free world where cities are less car-centric, e-bikes will be the personal vehicle of choice for the short trips that most city dwellers take to work, dinner out, or the grocery store.
And what about people with mobility difficulties, the disabled or the elderly ?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
In a carbon-free world where cities are less car-centric, e-bikes will be the personal vehicle of choice for the short trips that most city dwellers take to work, dinner out, or the grocery store.
I understand what you are trying to say, but I do feel that some correction is needed, as your post may mislead others here:-
In the very unlikely even of a Carbon (did you mean Carbon Dioxide free world?) free world, mankind and just about all animals will have been long gone before that happens.
All volcanoes will have ceased to spew lava and gases.
The earth's core will be cold.
Also, remember, we all breath out carbon dioxide all the time, till we drop dead!
What the intention is to make the world CO2 neutral, so that we reduce it to the point where it is balanced and only renewable CO2 sources are used, no more fossil fuels.
Plants/trees absorb CO2, and us using them for fuel for heating for example, only releases to the atmosphere the same amount of CO2, that they absorbed while growing.
Really wild and huge "recycling" one might say.....
There is a lot of misconception about this subject, and the actual facts need to be understood and fully observed by us all, and in a short a time scale as possible, as it is both dangerous and very sad that the poles are melting and the ambient temperatures are rising, to name just 2 of the awful effects.
Remember, even our battery chargers for our e-bikes, would be better designed to use say Solar power as quickly as possible, but many still plug the charger into the mains.
Myself included!
Regards and do have a great day.
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A lot of us ebikers do our little bit by cycling, I for one replace most of my car use (99%) with my bikes. If only viridor would allow bikes with trailers into the recycling depot then I wouldn't need the car tbh.

Aug 12, 2021
USA
I do not drive cars anymore, my wife has a car when needed, so I can also drink a beer or three without worrying! I am not even on the insurance anymore!
I go shopping and exercise the dog while on my bike, and its only about 3 KMs to the shops (guessing only, it may even be 4 or 5 KMs, I have never measured it out!!), I can usually pick good weather too!
regards
Andy
Thanks for your reply.

Aug 12, 2021
USA
I understand what you are trying to say, but I do feel that some correction is needed, as your post may mislead others here:-
In the very unlikely even of a Carbon (did you mean Carbon Dioxide free world?) free world, mankind and just about all animals will have been long gone before that happens.
All volcanoes will have ceased to spew lava and gases.
The earth's core will be cold.
Also, remember, we all breath out carbon dioxide all the time, till we drop dead!
What the intention is to make the world CO2 neutral, so that we reduce it to the point where it is balanced and only renewable CO2 sources are used, no more fossil fuels.
Plants/trees absorb CO2, and us using them for fuel for heating for example, only releases to the atmosphere the same amount of CO2, that they absorbed while growing.
Really wild and huge "recycling" one might say.....
There is a lot of misconception about this subject, and the actual facts need to be understood and fully observed by us all, and in a short a time scale as possible, as it is both dangerous and very sad that the poles are melting and the ambient temperatures are rising, to name just 2 of the awful effects.
Remember, even our battery chargers for our e-bikes, would be better designed to use say Solar power as quickly as possible, but many still plug the charger into the mains.
Myself included!
Regards and do have a great day.
Andy
Thank you for pointing out the problem, I will correct it. I think what you said is very good, I agree with you. Have a nice day.

Aug 12, 2021
USA
A lot of us ebikers do our little bit by cycling, I for one replace most of my car use (99%) with my bikes. If only viridor would allow bikes with trailers into the recycling depot then I wouldn't need the car tbh.
That sounds great. You're a big fan of electric bikes. But I can't solve your problems. Hope you have a good day.

Aug 12, 2021
USA
And what about people with mobility difficulties, the disabled or the elderly ?
Thanks for your reply. I think so in answer to your question.
As far as I know, there are also e-bikes designed specifically for people with limited mobility, and the wide variety of bikes used by disabled people means that they can also have more choices according to their preferences. As a person with limited mobility, riding a bike can become an increasing challenge. Wheelchairs and transport bikes are also a good solution if people with mobility problems can't or won't ride a bike. Now, more and more elderly people are willing to ride electric bicycles, because compared with traditional bicycles, electric bicycles can reduce the wear and tear on their knees, and also provide them with a way to travel, which is good for physical and mental health.
Have a nice day.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My current need is to find a dedicated cargo bike to suit my needs and also in the middle of enlarging my bike trailer loading board.
Narrowed the bike find currently down to 3 or 4 bikes.