Electric Bikes - Now Mainstream?

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
John Lewis website now has three brands of electric bike for sale....

Link
My local bike shop had that Momentum in the window a few months ago. It looked like a well made bike and easy on the eye in a retro way too. Only two speeds though and a not very powerful hub motor so not much use where I live.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I don't understand their product selection. I would have thought that they would be more successful selling Haibikes than Momentums and also, which Mum would want to take their kids to school with the e-cargo?

abarth

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2014
Notice one of the makes was Kranium KR1 Red never heard of them before but when I Goggled them was quite impressed with the write up and awards they have won and the fact John Lewis sold them.
I am now looking for a bike and to be honest am waiting for the BH 2015 range to come into stock . Am looking for a bike that doesn't have the battery on show .I tried the Roo Dog at the bike show which I didn't like at all, also had a longer test ride on the Kalhoff which is a great ride but was heavy and also had the battery problem.
Has anyone experience the Kranium?

abarth

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2014
I don't think BH have released their 2015 bikes yet I have a date of 15/12 for neo cross( evo Cross ) release .I have a BH dealer within 10 miles of me.
Still waiting for any one with Kranium experience ?

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
An approved supplier is selling them. So not John Lewis per say. They have had them on their website for a while now.