Wanted Electric conversion kit for Brompton

RedTomato

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2019
Knee problems mean I can't ride as much as I want to, and traffic lights / hills / starting off is especially painful. I'm now looking to electrify my Brompton so please help me get back into the saddle.

Let me know what you have please. Complete kits preferred (can buy a kit without battery if needed) Nano seem to be well liked around here.

Can meet to pick up within about 2 hours drive around London, and I'm in the north of England about once a month.

Swapping my standard Brompton + cash for your electric Brompton also considered.

Many thanks

Tom

Last edited:

moremeba

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2015
Hi Tom, i have electrified my Brompton using a kit i purchased from Ourider www.h9.com.cn
They were very helpful and speak good English. The kit has been very reliable so far but i guess i have only put about 1000 miles on it so not much of a soak test.
What Brompton do you have....mine is the M3.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Have you heard about Swytch kit? I have been using it and it is great. You could check my review

RedTomato

Mar 20, 2019
Hi, my Brompton is pretty old, a 2003 M3R (short wheelbase, high rise bars, rack, 3-speed hub). I've removed the rack, converted to 2 speed derailleur, put slick tyres and some other nice parts on so it's pretty nippy now.

Not sure about buying the Ourider kit for around £500. I'd rather have something in the UK.

I looked at Swytch, seems about £900 which is way out of my budget. That's why I'm posting here looking to buy a used kit.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I have a Sparticle kit going spare. There is an old listing in the classified section giving details. The kit has now been removed from my Brompton and the pre-spread forks are included. It’s the 48v super power version, throttle only.

RedTomato

Mar 20, 2019
I have a Sparticle kit going spare. There is an old listing in the classified section giving details. The kit has now been removed from my Brompton and the pre-spread forks are included. It’s the 48v super power version, throttle only.
Thanks, I'll post in that thread then.