Electric Mountain Bikes: No one will buy one?!..

I'm afraid you're not making much sense d8veh.....

First you said:

All the questions have been discussed and answered before.
When I asked you where, you didn't reply?

Now you've said I've already asked him these questions...

He doesn't have to answer anything. It's a free world. The point is that you already asked the questions in the other thread. If you want to bore us all again, start your own thread about it.
so again, can I ask you where have I has Marting these questions before?

This is the first time I've asked, and its because he's said...

I have been working hard to promote the use of eMTB's over here on UK shores over the last few years
I want him to justify this statement, because it couldn't be more false according to all the Haibike dealers I've visited, according to Bosch and according to our understanding as a brand that sells eMTB.

His actions are having a direct negative impact on the perception of eMTB's that are being used offroad at trail centres and events, and having met a number of these customers personally... none of them have a clue that they are riding illegal vehicles, and the liability risks this puts onto them. They also don't appreciate the harm they are causing regarding access issues....

Yes, he's totally free to ignore my question, but I hope that this speaks volumes to anyone reading this.

If he does respond I'll happily take on board anything he has to say, and then delete all my posts in this thread.

But all your replying does, is keep this thread at the top of the list and keep more people viewing it and drag on the discussion you seem to want to stop. If you want it to stop... STOP posting and just wait for Martin to reply or ignore the questions he's being asked.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
I'm afraid you're not making much sense d8veh.....

First you said:

When I asked you where, you didn't reply?

Now you've said I've already asked him these questions...

so again, can I ask you where have I has Marting these questions before?

This is the first time I've asked, and its because he's said...

I want him to justify this statement, because it couldn't be more false according to all the Haibike dealers I've visited, according to Bosch and according to our understanding as a brand that sells eMTB.

His actions are having a direct negative impact on the perception of eMTB's that are being used offroad at trail centres and events, and having met a number of these customers personally... none of them have a clue that they are riding illegal vehicles, and the liability risks this puts onto them. They also don't appreciate the harm they are causing regarding access issues....

Yes, he's totally free to ignore my question, but I hope that this speaks volumes to anyone reading this.

If he does respond I'll happily take on board anything he has to say, and then delete all my posts in this thread.

But all your replying does, is keep this thread at the top of the list and keep more people viewing it and drag on the discussion you seem to want to stop. If you want it to stop... STOP posting and just wait for Martin to reply or ignore the questions he's being asked.
to me this is where hijacking becomes bullying. its the point where I think moderators of a forum could take an interest in what's happening.

to me this is where hijacking becomes bullying. its the point where I think moderators of a forum could take an interest in what's happening.
I take slight issue with the hijack comment, seen as I replied directly to a comment in the OP asking for some clarification. Thats not a hijack in anyway shape of form is it?

However if you're accusing me of bullying Dave or Martin thats not my intention.. so if you can tell me which bit has offended, I'll try to amened it, as its not my intention to cause any distress to anyone. I just asked a question and loads of people seem to want to have an input, other than the person I actually asked.

Last edited:

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
I don't think It is bullying at all then you cannot make a person answer the question having said that as he is a Haibike dealer and if he was a true enthusiast in regards to promoting emtb in the UK then the question should not bother him,but from my own experiences with his business I would say it's just about profit regardless of any legal issues

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
I don't think It is bullying at all then you cannot make a person answer the question having said that as he is a Haibike dealer and if he was a true enthusiast in regards to promoting emtb in the UK then the question should not bother him,but from my own experiences with his business I would say it's just about profit regardless of any legal issues
telling members of the forum how and when they are allowed to react to postings - after changing the subject of a thread to make it about cross examining an OP amounts to bullying, for me.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he was not much help fixing my last problem with my hub and the bike was bought from that shop after all tho not by me thus no help or support or warranty.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i know that but could have gave some advice on what to do but as said im not in his gang am i :rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Thanks for the response

I would recommend just having the wheel returned back to us where we can have our crank brother technician take a look at the wheel.

im good at diy ;)

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
That is normal I'm afraid fella, you can't moan at Martin for that. You don't get warranty on second hand bikes from 90% of brands.
Something to be said for 50 Cycles who do transfer warranties, and Woosh who do as well.

The dealers who wash their hands of a s/h bike which was bought from them new, and might be only a few months old are not doing pedelecs any favours.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Something to be said for 50 Cycles who do transfer warranties, and Woosh who do as well.

The dealers who wash their hands of a s/h bike which was bought from them new, and might be only a few months old are not doing pedelecs any favours.
Well said when I purchased my focus the chap I got it from transferred the warranty for me at 50 cycles,but for the life of me I don't understand why don't all the retailers follow Woosh & 50 cycles lead as it would not cost them a penny as if it's a warranty claim they would get that back from the manufacturer would they not,but think of the great customer experience the customer would have rather than be fobbed off by excuses.

Reactions: Izzyekerslike

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
It seems to me that KTM is well within his rights to call this dealer out. Col represents the importer of a major brand and he and it have an interest in the growth of e biking which in their view, and it seems in the view of others in the industry this dealer is jeopardising. If as he says Bosch are unhappy enough with him to be taking legal action I do wonder what his customers warranties with that company are really worth.

I don’t go off road on my bike but I can see why the owners of trail centres and the like are becoming worried, and how this could kill off e biking at those places and others. I would have thought the people who are complaining about the turn the thread has taken might be able to grasp that simple point too.

On a slightly wider front I do think that we have a good deal with pedelecs. We have bikes which are nominally 250W but are in practice much more powerful. That in some cases can pull fat unfit men up steep hills with not a lot of effort, and which have no real regulation on the end user at all other than they compy with the new fairly liberal laws. The speed allowed is 25 kph plus ten percent, there is no helmet requirement, tax, insurance, licence. Zilch. Yet still some people want more speed and all without having the extra regulation which would naturally come with that.

Then they leap up and down like maiden aunts glimpsing a stiff dick at threads like this one.

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
There's a lot of underlying aggression in this thread as far as I can tell.

As a new owner of a Haibike, having read through this thread all I want to make sure of, is that the warranty will be honoured.

I'll be perfectly honest, I have the "faster" version. I assumed that given the kit was fitted by Martin it would be fine if there was a problem.

I'm not going to be tearing up the landscape (I live in London so no trails near me sadly!) and I do ride very carefully - I'm an older bloke with 2 kids who need a father!

I'm not looking for a row about the rights and wrongs of a dongle - I'm fully aware of them.

I just want to make sure my bike will be taken care of if something should happen.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
There's a lot of underlying aggression in this thread as far as I can tell.

As a new owner of a Haibike, having read through this thread all I want to make sure of, is that the warranty will be honoured.

I'll be perfectly honest, I have the "faster" version. I assumed that given the kit was fitted by Martin it would be fine if there was a problem.

I'm not going to be tearing up the landscape (I live in London so no trails near me sadly!) and I do ride very carefully - I'm an older bloke with 2 kids who need a father!

I'm not looking for a row about the rights and wrongs of a dongle - I'm fully aware of them.

I just want to make sure my bike will be taken care of if something should happen.
Think you sum it up well, you made your choice & you are an adult. I've mentioned the aggression that some show in the past & it doesn't sit well with this community.

Quite honestly if Martin said he had eaten a cheese sandwich last Thursday there are some on here that would turn it into a 'discussion' about dongles.

Don't worry about any warranty issues. You will be looked after, I can say this from personal experience.

Reactions: Fordulike

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Don't worry about any warranty issues. You will be looked after, I can say this from personal experience.

Bosch will invalidate your warranty if you've dongled your motor,so how are they looked after by Martin does he have an arrangement that all the bikes he sells with dongles Bosch will look after them and if that is the case then why won't Bosch give the same warranty to all the other ebike dealers in the UK .???

Reactions: mike killay

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats why we have asked him but does not want to answer that question it seems.:rolleyes:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Been away for a while and thought I would have a browse,, Only to find this on top of the pile..
I dont understand why a lot of these comments are very aggressive, personal and pointed directly at Martin when these dongles/Speed up devices are readily available on the internet.... Surely he is not responsible for all speed up devices sold or fitted..
I also cant see how any post sales modification cant be laid at the manufacturers door.. In the case of motor vehicles there is a thriving industry modifying diesel cars to give a massive boost in torque and power, and I have never heard of any manufacturer being taken to task for this.
Having fallen foul of an uninterested dealer, Martin helped me out when he had no need to, and I am not "one of his gang" so I feel I have to stand in his corner... That is if he has one!!
I would happily take my custom to Martins bike shop, and it would be my choice to fit, or not to fit.. surely that is the question!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its not the dongles im asking about its how he alone can honer the bosch warranty when it clearly states on there site dongle/ tuned motors are not covered by bosch warranty and thus void.

and that's the same answer you will get from every dealer bar ebike shop.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
thats why we have asked him but does not want to answer that question it seems.:rolleyes:

I wonder if Wander would like to tell us how his d bike was fixed under warranty as he said "you will be looked after to Plasmadaddy