I've now got a nice Shimano Hydraulic brake on the back. It was a real bonus that Dahon had the forethought to put a mounting point on the frame for it. They must have realised that their brakes are rubbish. Here's the next step. I guess you can see what's coming and why I'm doing this:
Jeez! I finally got it all wired up.It took me most of today. I had to shorten every cable because there's nowhere to hide the surplus wire, and it's nearly impossible to get all the connectors in the compartment. Also, the connectors on the throttle, brakes and speed sensor had to be changed from male to female and vice versa. Hopefully I can try it tomorrow. The controller is sensorless, and I have some reservations about whether it'll work with the Q100. It spins it up OK, but a couple of times it seemed to lose sync.
I think we have to say"nice try, but no cigar" to this one. The controller doesn't sync very well with the motor. It works most of the time, but not if you open the throttle at normal speed. You have to open it very slowly. I willnow have to swapit with my Oxydrive kit ceacause it'll work with the Oxydrive motor, and the Oxydrive controller should work with this one, or I could use a separate controller. I need to have a think. At least I've got my nice Shimano Hydraulic disc now,and I got my nice 8-speed cassette gears back.