Electron Cycles built bike seeking service and repair Midlands area

DanielWilkes

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Hi my names Dan,

I have an ebike conversion by electroncycles that requires some tlc and someone to bring it back up to tip top condition. I’m afraid the previous owner wasn’t exactly sympathetic. I believe it has a bafang motor.I believe it’s possibly a BBSHD powered ASI BAC 800 @72v . You can find it in early videos and the bottom of there Facebook page.
I’m looking for someone to carry out some servicing and repairs and give the bike all it needs to be trustworthy and reliable.

The headlight flickers and probably has a loose wire and the nylon gear maybe shredded as it makes a whirring noise but doesn’t move. The bike did work fine for 6 weeks, and now there is a broken spoke so may need a new rear wheel if no longer true. I have a feeling its stripped the nylon.

I’m told this motor is a little special as it has extra thermal cooling between the motor and casing allowing it to cool quicker and shed heat.

I don’t know much about these I’m afraid so I’m looking for someone that can get this bike straight, explain how to use it sympathetically and if necessary advise and sell me a further bike that maybe better suited to my needs which are essentially enjoy cycling up to 10 miles with my children and get fitter. This bike in many ways appears to be way over this requirement. Anyway if anyone can point me in the right direction to get this bike serviced and repaired please.

I’d be driving down with the bike from Bromsgrove in the Midlands.

All good wishes

Daniel

Last edited:

Briggs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2020
Welcome Dan. Can`t help you with your issue, but hopefully someone else can. May`be not wise to advertise your mobile number.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome to the site
Hope you get your issues sorted