Electroped Road Star

roadstar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 7, 2013
It's old, built like a tank and very heavy.

My versions got the motor on the front wheel, some eletroped's (the more modern ones?) have the motor on the back wheel.

They come with a lockable box, on the panier which is ok if you don't want to use paniers - and does not hold that much but is useful for my bike lock and tools.

It also has a front basket - which is small and too girly for me. It also has a skirt guard for the back wheel (again to girly).

It has 5 speed SIS twist gears, but wth the weight of the bike I would not want to ride it without any motor.

The seat has springs everywhere and is very comfortable

The bike has a console which shows outside temperature, odometer, voltage and travel time and also your speed.

I've rode 22 miles on one charge and the voltmeter still reads 32 volts so not sure how much further it will go - ohh and this was with the motor running 90% of the time.

The bike goes between 25 kph and 27 kph on the flat. On hills it needs help from me but makes hills real easy(it could do it on it's own but the speed would drop to 12 kph). Going down hills the weight of the bike makes it go very quick and you don't need to use the motor (30 to 40 kph).

The bike had an electric horn (mines missing) and 36 volt front lights (which don't work becuase I can't get a 36 volt bulb.

The bike has 3 batteries giving it 36 volt 's ( at least I think there are 3 batteries).

I'm very pleased with it. I only wish it could go a bit more faster but it will only go 15 mph.