Eligible Electric Bike Manufacturers and Suppliers Should Have 8 Features

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
Agreed, it's all been done before and each time has failed to take the European market by storm.
They vanish because the pedelec tech is not mature then, lithium battery tech involves and motor tech develops, ebike deserve a smaller shape.
Human has done many things before but failed in history, like building a more durable and cheaper light bulb, inventing steam engine in UK, building a plane ect. The winners stand at the top of the mountains of loser finally and take away all the glory.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
There's no point in hating this bike. It does have a lot of nice features that many people, including me, would find appealing. I didn't see anything unique or anything that I've not see before on another bike.

I think there is a market for this sort of thing for park-and-ride, motorhomes, caravans, boats and people that live in flats, but they're not the sort of thing that everybody want to replace their normal ebike with.
When this bike doesn't worth a word or hating, why people here seem to care it so much? I like your honesty but it's not true to those people I mentioned above: doesn't wish to get sweaty, having constant short trips but doesn't want to pedal or take a taxi, someone hurt his knees, some girls in her period, some boys wish to be different and try something cool & new like hoverboard......Too many to list them all.
There are only two things I don’t like about it that could be improved. Firstly, as far as I can see, the seat height is not adjustable and it's too low for an average European. Secondly, the on/off switch doesn't look very waterproof. It's probably OK for summer weather with occasional showers, but I can't see that it will resist wet salty winter roads in the UK.
First, the seat is adjustable. Second, it's waterproof, most Chinese e bike has this design but got no problem in rainy days.
1553134359909.png

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
The triangle frame battery (probably with controller inside) has been done before, as can be seen in my Avatar of the Swizzbee.
It has 2 obvious differences: 1. DYU is rounder and streamlines design 2. Swizzbee have a higher frame and straight line design.
Rounder shape might be more lovely in the eyes of most people.
As vfr (TUFKAD) has said there is a market for it but think in the EU it is limited, the small package is good for the motor home fraternity for occasional use. The throttle main option will cater for those wanting a lazy ride but due to its poor geometry not suitable for the taller rider who likes to pedal.
It's proved with above pictures that it's suitable for most European riders. What's more DYU is a manufacturer and can modify the frame size according to the need of people. New series like D3F will be larger while its seat is adjustable for taller people.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
it's just accidents waiting to happen.
Riding safe with helmets, gloves and knee pads on will reduce the accidents significantly. But nothing is 100% safe including the cars that take away hundreds of lives everyday on earth.
On the lightweight e-bikes, it is heavier at 18kgs and does not ride as well as my new 14kg Karoo and the likes of the Orbea Gain.
The weight makes it durable and able to load taller & heavier Europeans. By the way, the gross weight of DYU is 18kg, net weight is 13 kg.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
Some of our roads are indeed terrible in the UK. My commute is horrific and a bike with small wheels would be unpleasant to ride.

However, there are plenty of smooth roads and there is certainly a market for a small wheeled folding bike. Our local bike shop owner actually set up a new shop in the city specifically for 'Brompton' style bikes and he is doing very well.

Ignore the nay sayers on here. They don't like anything that doesn't fit their narrow world view.
This is the most objective, realistic and sensible word here. Thanks for telling the truth. Brompton is alike DYU and will do a job like them.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
1) It's a greatly reduced capability one that will have very limited acceptance.
Why should DYU compete with the other big e bikes when the small shape is its advantage?
2) buy 50,000 for their kids to play with in their wide open spaces.
Being like Lego is also not bad thing when enough people love and buy it. It's family friendly after all both for parents & kids.
3) And as you've acknowledged and Woosh has enumerated, it won't retail at anything like £300, it will be on the threshhold of existing more capable pedelec models from Woosh and Kudos, those starting from below £600.
When DYU has a low manufacturing cost by improving its tech in production and management, it's capable of providing better things at a lower price with decent profits for developing new models. Meanwhile, giant orders also reduce its manufacturing cost.

Last edited:

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
Why do you think race bicycles also use large diameter wheels with very thin tyres? It's because being more efficient they make better use of the rider energy.
This is a disaster of truth, Honda motor is a combustion-powered scooter. When a certain amount of gas burns, the engine push the wheel a certain distance no matter the wheel is big or small. While the electricity-powered motor is in a different theory. Big wheel causes the motor hot and shortcut.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's a great burden powering big wheels compared to small wheels.
As you can see, most Chinese e scooters or e bikes manufacturers choose small wheels for their pure electric vehicle, it's reasonable and it saves bike electricity when running.View attachment 29559
Pure electricity powered scooter from Yadea, one of the most famous e scooter manufacturer from China​
Do I need to re-emphasize that my bike is mainly powered by electricity?
It looks like you're forcing a swimming champion Michael Phelps to battle with the football star Lionel Messi.
scooters can have smaller wheels because the wheels are much heavier, storing higher rotational inertia and angular momentum to keep the vehicle upright.
Too much angular momentum is not good for turning, that's why there is a n optimum wheel size depending on the height of the rider, total weight of rider + vehicle and speed. For e-bike, the optimal wheel size for 10st rider is 24", 15st rider is 26" etc.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So, destined for large volumes then, despite what people said on here....
small e-scooters are illegal in the EU. Do you remember these self leveling 'hoverboard' scooters?

They got banned after the initial craze. The total number of e-bike sold in the EU is more than 2 millions a year. 50,000 initial sales is not a big percentage.

• Agree