eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Burma Road is on our list when we come back, possibly next year some time and e-biking is the best thing out.
Just blinged up my bike a bit. Given I'm female a bit of pink doesn't go a miss.
We've got 2 older Haibikes (sduro allmnt, RC 2016 models) and the Canyon Spectral On's we bought last April, they are much nicer bikes. Yep 4 e-bikes.IMG_20190113_132153 - Edited.jpgIMG_20190113_132148 - Edited.jpg
He's just put the Eddie Currents on his bike, they look like they'll do good, quite soft rubber so plenty of grip I think, proof will be in the pudding.
IMG_20190113_122407 - Edited.jpgIMG_20190113_122407 (1) - Edited.jpgIMG_20190113_122232 - Edited.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Barrio,
Glenlivet was just great fun, the cafe was closing down when we were leaving, don't know if it's being taken over. There are toilets and there was a bike wash. It's worth a go just for the fun factor.

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Argoose,
Thinking about Afan at some point what are the trails like ?
How technical ?
What's the northshore like as I'm not the most confident on them ?
Which trail not to do when it's cold wet and windy ?
Would it be good to spend a few days there to get all the trails in ?
What bike you got as I've forgotten ?
Thanks Dom x

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Since my MTB is down I have to use my trekking bike instead :( but it works quite good on easy trails like these. Actually it is a nice challenge riding this bike on trails :)

IMG_20190111_144958.jpg

Reactions: Nev and argoose

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
Argoose,
Thinking about Afan at some point what are the trails like ?
How technical ?
What's the northshore like as I'm not the most confident on them ?
Which trail not to do when it's cold wet and windy ?
Would it be good to spend a few days there to get all the trails in ?
What bike you got as I've forgotten ?
Thanks Dom x
There are two trail centres in the Afan area, Afan Argoed and Glyncorrowg Ponds.
for first time visiting I would recommend Afan Argoed. The trails are less technical than Glyncorrowg. It also has a good café, bike shop and free bike wash.
First trail to start with would be Blue Scar. Blue trail with well surfaced trail and only 7 Km long. Usual Welsh uphill start along top then long descent. Very good flow trail.
Next up I would say is Penhydd, starts with same climb as Blue Scar, but splits to continue climb to top of hill. Penhydd is a bit narrower and a more natural feel to the trail surface. nice views over to the coast and a lot more wooded sections, a lot less now after forestry work :(
It is 14 Km, Only last section, Revelation , is the most Technical part, a few small drops of about a kerb and a half high.
The final trail from Afan is the wall, no where near as good as before the forestry work,
Even more of a natural feel to the surface, a lot steeper but a lot of fun. No drops or jumps but due to surface not easy to get a flow going. Trail is 20 Km.
All trails well sign posted.
Glyncorrowg has Whites level 15 km very technical up and down, only Black section at both centres can be ridden from top of climb, but is optional, Blade 23 km with option of adding 20 Km of the Skyline loop.
Same climb for all trails, Blade being my favorite.
All trails very natural and a step up from Afan Argoed, well sign posted.
Link to MBwales.

www.mbwales.com/listings/blade-trail/

I have a 2017 Giant Full e+1.
Also lucky to have day off, so going to Afan today :)
North shore, think of it as more board walk. Not high off the ground and wider than most of the trails.

Last edited:

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Thanks Argoose very much appreciated :):)
We've been youtubing and found some of yours ;), but would much rather have a heads up from someone who's been there. Words are better.
Must admit Blade looks good and Whites Level looks good too.
Think we'd probably stay for a couple of days and do as much as we could, except I probably wouldn't do any of the blacks, but he might.
Thanks for the heads up on the boardwalk too, it is my nemisis, but will give it a go.
Is it quieter mid week because that's when we'd probably come and have a go ?
Is W2 black only because of the length of the trail ?
Sorry for all the questions.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
no Problems DomT, yes week days lot quieter than weekend.
Was over there today, just me and one other rider to the whole trail.
Apparently riding my bike is not painting the bedroom, so I'm not a good boy and in big trouble when she who must be obeyed gets home.
I'll try to upload the Blade final descent later, whilst I'm being ignored
I think the final descent is about as difficult as it gets at afan

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
16km solo off road(mainly defined trails and tracks) night ride...bit ropey in places and always watching for nocturnal animals jumping out lol
Same place as Saturday but a bit creepy at night ha ha...20190112_124148.jpg

KTM night.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Argoose.
Many, many thanks for the vids, Blade looks good and nowt on there that's out my competence, we will be up at some point possibly February and if we can't then, it'll be April.
It reminds me very much of Ae, Drumlanrig and Kirroughtree in Scotland.

I would have thought painting was the same as painting yourself with mud !!!
Perhaps Mrs Argoose could have a day of retail therapy to make up for the misunderstanding, a bunch of flowers to go with the new colour scheme that will be in the bedroom !!!!;);):)

Now I'd be more annoyed if he went off to a bike park or a trail without me and I'd paint the room myself.

Barrrio,
Something I haven't done as yet is a night ride, I'd probably head for Llandegla as I know it well enough not to get too freaked. I'd have to persuade Mr Pegasus to come as he's really not keen, but it looks like fun.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: argoose

Related Articles

Advertisers