eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Deere John,

Yes it is good to work yourself a bit in the cold to warm yourself up, and although I have coped without a dropper post, and do not need one for the xc routes I use going to work, I can see how useful they could be on technical steep inclines.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Hi Rust Bucket,
Where the pictures taken at ?

Deree John and Georgehenry, eco is a must in this cold weather just to warm up, although riding back from his parents (only 10 miles away), I hit the high button just to get home, it was far to cold.

A week from Saturday, I'll be thinking about doing Comrie Croft as we will be on our hols ;)

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Reading your posts has given me great confidence in my Haibike. If it kept on going until you retired with 16K plus (& a replacement motor) maybe Haibike have a museum & would buy it off you
Yes I have had my ups and only a few downs but really enjoy replacing a car journey to work and back with an assisted bike ride.

The first motor that was replaced under warranty was actually fine apart from a worn bearing probably effected by water ingress, and I am now very careful when washing the bike to keep water away from all the bearings as much as possible.

The battery/ charger connectors broke and there was no option to have them repaired by my otherwise excellent dealer, but I was able to repair them myself with help from a very practical friend.

After posting about the issues I had with my battery/charger connections I have been contacted by two people who had the same failure, with no help from their dealers. One of them had a bike that was quite new and still under warranty and was still given no repair option, but only to buy a brand new battery and charger.

But you are right that having overcome the few problems I have had and enjoyed the support of a good dealership and able friends I am very impressed with my Haibike and its ability to shrug of hard use as its mileage continues to rise.

Reactions: NI Phil

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Lovely crisp day indeed. Wish it had been my end.
Georgehenry, I'd certainly agree at the robustness of the haibike.
I had a new motor and battery during it's warranty lifetime. Both were sent back and replaced and never had a problem since, as my husbands one, not a jot of a problem. However we have bikes with motors and things will inevitably go wrong.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Second commute of a potential four. A beautiful day.
ride to work avene of trees Jan 19 001.JPG
After taking this picture and getting back on the bike the front tyre had gone flat.
I had pumped up both tyres yesterday and suspected the valve rather than a puncture. I tried pumping it up but it deflated and then as I was within a mile and half of work I decided to limp there. At work I was very lucky as the job allocated to me should have been for another person who they gave it to and that gave me time to have a proper look.

I took the wheel out and the tube out, then used a sink to check for any punctures and found none. Checked the tyre for any intrusions and found none. Put it back and pumped it back up with my mini pump and re assembled. I checked it an hour later and all was well. It got me home. Unlucky and lucky.

If I had done the job I thought I was going to do I would have been trying to fix it at one in the morning. Then I was sent home early. In all 24 miles ridden today, 12 off road and 10 on.

Reactions: Deere John

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Got the last bit of pink on me bike and now it's done, all ready for Crieff.
Just couldn't find the decals saying yari....
IMG_20190201_140931 - Edited.jpgIMG_20190201_140920 - Edited.jpgIMG_20190201_140915 - Edited.jpg

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
Hi Dom, Hope your journey up here is a good one! it has just started to snow up here, but it is forecast to warm up a little in the week ahead. Nice bike by the way :)

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Carron Valley today,, freezing fog and the ground was solid and icy. Donated as a red trail, but would say blue, for me very confidence giving, will return to just play
Think this was supposed to have been a view point.
IMG_20190205_111839 - Edited.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Anyone been to Nant y arian ?
Thinking the 22 miler.
Dom xxx

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Well I've been......mmmm... won't be making the 2.5 hour journey again, quite disappointing. There were some fast flowing bits, but nowt challenging, still can now say we've been.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
IMG_20190214_120953.jpgIMG_20190214_111120.jpgIMG_20190214_113018.jpg
Beautiful ride this morning around Lady Bower. Bit cold early but warm by 10ish. Always amazes me place is almost deserted even days like this.
Just returned from South Africa, was nice but it wasnt Derbyshire...

Last edited:

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Great piccies Zlatan.
We did Ladybower a couple of years ago, lovely route but very cold on the day, knocked me back a couple of weeks - COPD & less than 10 C cold weather don't work well together.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Great piccies Zlatan.
We did Ladybower a couple of years ago, lovely route but very cold on the day, knocked me back a couple of weeks - COPD & less than 10 C cold weather don't work well together.
I was here a few weeks ago and it was cold. Turned back after a couple of miles. Fine today tho. Well above 10 and I agree its not much fun under 8 degrees or so..
Thanks BTW.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Well I've been......mmmm... won't be making the 2.5 hour journey again, quite disappointing. There were some fast flowing bits, but nowt challenging, still can now say we've been.
dyfi valley ;)

Reactions: argoose

Related Articles

Advertisers