eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
IMAG4556.jpg IMAG4555.jpg Finally rode the thing by myself....

Still very pleased with it, went to Coed Y Brenin and did the 'Beast' trail - one that I've not done for several years, and the longest trail at the centre.

Messing about with the suspension most of the time and probably made it worse...at least it wasn't bottoming out on the jumps (albeit little ones) towards the end of the ride.

Effortless.

Had a good workout though and used eco or tour most of the way, sometimes switching it off. Used most of my battery for 4 hours riding, no idea how high or distance but think it's about 25 miles.

Looking at doing it all again in a couple of weeks, Cannock Chase this Saturday will be a doddle in comparison...

Last edited:

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
Did 2 laps of Llandegla earlier, used all of my battery - even in eco mode at the end it wasn't registering any miles left...

Some lycra clad whippet came past me, on lap one near the top of the leg burner out of the car park - I was in eco mode in a world of my own trying to give myself a bit of a workout when he came past. I had past several people on non electric bikes, so want expecting one to catch up.

The next thing is the red mist descended and I tried to stick on his tail on the downhill.

Man, he was fast. Caught him up on the hills, but even then he was quick. He admitted half way through the ride that he was surprised at how well I was keeping up until he saw the battery...turns out he was in the national XC race last weekend!!!

Stuck with him for the remainder of the lap, he said at the end that he enjoyed the company and it pushed him to go faster. Gave praise for the bike.

So, if any of you lot know a maths teacher at Loughborough Uni called Mike, and has more dodgy lamb chops than Guy Martin, tell him I said hi and thanks for the ride. I had a break before my second lap but he went and I couldn't catch him at all - I did try and catch up but he had a good 20 minutes head start and I needed to conserve battery - last thing I wanted to do was run out of juice before the gruelling climb at the end (even used turbo and sport mode for some of it).

No photos I'm afraid, bike preformed flawlessly again. Still fiddling with the suspension and trying to get it to handle properly.

Coed Y Brenin tomorrow, here I come.

Last edited:

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
IMG_20160810_113950724_HDR.jpg IMG_20160810_133643572.jpg IMG_20160810_134706898.jpg IMG_20160810_141558600_HDR.jpg IMG_20160810_143626279.jpg IMG_20160810_144804794.jpg Out on the Fife trails today. Started on the coastal path but soon took to the hills. Got carried away doing the old Ceres Moor road and then a bit of the pilgrim routes, with all the climbing my battery gave out at 28 miles and then with 10 miles of hilly roads to get back home the heavens opened,tired tonight.

Lee Parker

Pedelecer
May 27, 2016
Yorkshire, UK
Managed to grab a decent ride at the weekend with my other eMTB friend, Castleton in Derbyshire.
21.8 miles across 3,980feet of climbing, Done in 2Hrs 50 I dread to think how long it would have taken on the normal MTB.
Climb after climb it felt, We had to cut the ride short at the end as my friend has used all his battery and was pretty knackered (I probably had another 7-10 miles left based on Eco usage)

Amazed at the bike everything from soft sand to sharp stone, I managed to get up a slab of rock that was around a 40-45cm step up felt amazing never EVER would I have completed that stage it would have been walk and lift the bike so very nice to be able to ride it.

https://www.strava.com/activities/666451903

Few photos here, Some more on Strava

Managed 105miles off road in first week of owning, Something I wouldnt usually do just the excitement to go ride locally and explore areas I dont know!

Attachments

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I didn't manage to get out for the shop organised mtb ride yesterday, but ventured out this morning, and typically after spending two weeks of riding very technical and narrow routes, often with a cliff drop to one or even both sides, I return back to the UK and took a very heavy fall, when I lost the front end of the bike at about 25mph. I suspect that it might well be a good few weeks before I get back in the saddle.

Not a good welcome home. :(

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
I didn't manage to get out for the shop organised mtb ride yesterday, but ventured out this morning, and typically after spending two weeks of riding very technical and narrow routes, often with a cliff drop to one or even both sides, I return back to the UK and took a very heavy fall, when I lost the front end of the bike at about 25mph. I suspect that it might well be a good few weeks before I get back in the saddle.

Not a good welcome home. :(
Sorry to hear that EddiePJ. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Any photos of these overseas death defying paths, sounds awesome but also very scary [emoji51]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
every crash i have had i lost the front wheel as well but lot more happy now i changed the stem to a flat one and not hit the floor since.;)

plus going to docs every other day to get dressings changed is a pita.

• Informative

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Sorry to hear that EddiePJ. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Any photos of these overseas death defying paths, sounds awesome but also very scary [emoji51]
There are some none death defying photos in the Swiss thread, and a clip to follow at some stage of a dodgy ride that I had to quit due to low cloud cover.
I didn't tend to stop on the iffy sections, as I didn't want to chance stopping and loosing balance.

The following is on the ride list for the next trip though. I've ridden both up and back down three quarters of this guys Shilthorn run/clip and also most of the Lauberhorn run/clip.
The Shilthorn clip caught me out big time though, as it does nothing to show how scary steep that some of it is. This clip on the other hand at least shows some of the hazards, if not the degree of steepness. The section that does raise concern is at the 1.30 in point, and 1.55 point. Those two turns doesn't look good, and I noticed that the clip was edited at both.

He has one super fit dog.

Soundwave, I only fell because I had upped the air pressure in the tyres for the Swiss trip, and being lazy, I hadn't reduced the air pressure when I got back here. It'll teach me not to be so lazy next time. :)

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i done that up the forest with 60 psi in the tyre and 190psi in the front fork.:rolleyes:

like riding on mar-balls and ice lol :)

• Agree

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
We did the Bal Mawr this week starting from the Queens Head car park on the valley floor. In the Black Mountains, its a long steep climb that peaks on a narrow plateau a distance of 7.5 miles to the top. Here's some photos....Lin Bal Mawr 0.PNG Lin Bal Mawr 1PNG.PNG Lin Bal Mawr 2PNG.PNG Lin Bal Mawr 4PNG.PNG Lin Bal Mawr 5PNG.PNG Lin Bal Mawr6.PNG Lin Bal Mawr7.PNG
This is one of the closest mountains to London. Officially a mountain is classed as over 2000ft. Very beautiful.

Last edited:
Reactions: IR772 and LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I figured that as the collar bone and shoulder felt okay, that I would chance an after work ride on the South Downs.
It was certainly one very windy ride and on one particular lengthy down hill section that usually sees 30+ mph, I struggled to pedal and maintain 12mph! Then the heavens opened with what must have been some of the coldest rain that I have ever ridden in.

Still brilliant fun though, and worth every second of it.

http://doarama.com/create?a=968053

It was also really good to be back out on the hardtail. I had forgotten just how fast and well that the bike climbs, and also just how light that it feels. It's little wonder that all of the fast cross country lads that I saw riding in Switzerland were using hardtails for climbing.

The Tiger pub looked very appealing today, but I sadly passed it by.

Though I did stop off for grub and refreshment at my favourite stopping point in Alfriston.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Glorious day for a ride out today, set off from home to the S/Downs approx. 80 miles via Chanchtonbury, Amberly, Lancing, Pyecombe and any where else I rode. Sadly my Garmin (probably my fault) failed to cover 25 odd miles.
Arrived home very knackered a bit dehydrated despite drinking 1.5Ltrs of fluid and suffering from what I would say mild heat stroke, I certainly noticed during the ride the heat radiating off some of the chalky surface plus add in the breeze factor. On the Chanctonbury climb I ended up walking for 60% as it was to much for me and my Asthma and I was getting rear will slip. so once I reached the peak I let some pressure out and with in 5 mins had a tube failure, no puncture or anything so can only assume the valve failed.

Passage blocked on climb to Chanctonbury.
DSCF0487.JPG

Detritus on approach to fallen tree.
DSCF0488.JPG

No wonder there are no gulls at the beaches.
DSCF0491.JPG

Tilling the field, plenty of food on offer.
DSCF0494.JPG

Anyone for lunch ?
DSCF0499.JPG

Lancing College.
DSCF0502.JPG

and again.
DSCF0503.JPG

And finally over the Adur some of the flower tributes for the Hunter crash victims, notice the wheel tribute to the two cyclists also caught up in the tragedy.
DSCF0508.JPG

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Nealh I was very surprised to see several beech trees blocking my path on the local ride that I did last week.
I'm guessing that the weather must have been bad whilst I was away?

I was going to head out this evening and start to re route and clear the sections, but I'm just too knackered at the moment. :(
Instead of heading out, I decided to strip and rebuild the clutch mechanism on the Macina Lycan XT rear mech. I should really have done it before the Swiss trip, but at least it is now done and ready for the winter.

I'm working at Keymer again tomorrow and thought about taking the bike along with me, but I'm out on an organised mtb night ride on Thursday, so I'll probably pass it by. I'm back at Keymer again on Saturday, so it's no great loss.

I'm actually longing for bad weather and mud to make riding conditions interesting and fun again. I kind of find it pretty dull at this time of the year. I'm missing the rain mud. :(

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
80 MILES, 80 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes .
I live nearly about half way between N & S Downs so usually have min 18 mile ride to the base plus a 30 or 40 mile jaunt on the downs can add up. Locally I will ride a short ride of 20 - 30 miles but generally 50 or over to make a nice outing

• Informative

Related Articles

Advertisers