eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
View attachment 13991
Back on topic for emtb section of pedelec forum.

Fantastic evening ride around Lady Bower.
Certainly looked another lovely evening for it.

Yesterday's weather also couldn't had been better here either.

• 60.8 miles
  • 4,623 ft of elevation gain
  • Av speed 10.8mph
  • max speed 36.5 mph

I actually ended up spending far too much time talking instead of riding, and purely by chance bumped into Darren from Brightonebikes. :) We both happened to stop at the same crossing point, and both unexpectedly came across this little event at Southease.

I really don't like the shell suit colour scheme.

Other than the usual covering of sheep and cow poo, the bike remained almost clean. After suffering three more punctures today, I'm definitely going tubeless on this bike as well this week.

A few random shots.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Eddie,Great pics as usual also did did get a free test ride.:)

Reactions: EddiePJ

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Following my ride in #45 I put it away, had time today to check over it properly and found that I had hit one to many large flintstones..
Ralph has now been consigned to the rubbish bin.DSCF0408.JPG

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Eddie,Great pics as usual also did did get a free test ride.:)
Sadly I was quite pushed for time by that stage of the ride. The thought of having listen a sales guy waffling on about the bike, whilst pretending to be interested in the bike was also enough to put me off. Maybe next time.

Following my ride in #45 I put it away, had time today to check over it properly and found that I had hit one to many large flintstones..
Ralph has now been consigned to the rubbish bin.View attachment 14008
I was dreading the same fate yesterday. After three punctures due to bramble thorns, I took it extra easy on any flint sections. The mountain Morph is a great pump, but by third time of inflating a tyre, the novelty of pumping up tyres had worn off, and pinch flats and sliced tyres would have finished the day.

I did find a few new sections and areas yesterday that I'm going to explore at some stage.
I had said that the link from Rodmell to Stamner wasn't that great, when in fact it actually has some stunning views, and places that look good to explore.
The dull concrete track leading to or from Rodmell didn't seem so long, and I guess that my opinion of the area was based upon a couple of negative experiences. Food poisoning hit me big time the first time of riding, and bad weather had always blighted the other occasions of riding it. Amazing what a bit of sun can do.

One of the next daytime rides, might be to head off to Lewes, have a decent ride around the town, then head up to the golf course above the cliff, explore that area, then drop back down and head towards Kingston, and hunt out the windmill and church.

Last edited:

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
so what the hell was the point of this forum if ppl still keep posting bikes with bafang kits ect that you can change the speed limit and fit throttles to them??
sw, the point of this thread is for people of like mind to share their experiences of their day out. Photography is a big part of it and maybe we can pick up tips of places to go.An occasional bafang motor used with consideration for others isn't a problem, till your nicked that is, It probably is boring to an adrenaline fuelled guy like yourself but equally most have us have been there and have moved on. I suspect a few years down the line you may understand where i'm coming from.. Live , let live and never stop learning .
regards

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this thread was supposed to be for uk road legal bikes.

not sure what its for now lol:rolleyes:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I suspect a few years down the line you may understand where i'm coming from.. Live , let live and never stop learning .
Translation: git comunikation skilz dude!

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you cant post bikes with dongles in this thread or edd go off one one lol

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it was you and others moaning about dongles why its here in the first place?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
As does self-righteousness and a sense of superiority.

EDIT: Deleting or editing posts without marking as an edit makes a thread confusing to read and destroys the linearity and flow of a discussion. Another practice that really gets my goat is to edit an earlier post AFTER a response has been made, as an attempt to quash or negate the valid arguement raised, as if the point had been dealt with by the original post. Moving the goalposts after a response has been posted IMO is a weasel practice, but I'm sure any culprits know who they are.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Please respect forum rules, and my own personal choice by ensuring that only UK legal emtb's are posted within this thread.
(S-Pedelecs), Non-EAPCs section for all other bikes, including those fitted withdongles.
If you do not happen to agree with the above, please feel free to start your own photo related thread in the above mentioned section, or continue to use the already existing topic starter detailed in the following link.http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/how-many-people-are-using-there-e-bike-off-road.15780/

The Department of Transport say that electric bikes fitted with off-road switches or modes, that enable a bike’s motor to continue assisting to speeds beyond 15.5mph, do not comply with UK EAPC law.

so like i said no bafang mid drive or hub motor diy kits can be posted in this thread per edds request.

as you can remove the speed limit from near all of them like a dongle and not have to pay for 1 ;) and not only that can change the power settings as well and dump 40a from a 3000w batt in to it and send you down the road at 50mph they do not comply with UK EAPC law because you can change the settings 250w or 5000w motor it does not matter its the same as a dongle.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
62.2 miles for todays little outing, yesterdays rain seems to have left some bog prone tracks as near impassable with ground conditions quite thick. Not helped by equestrians, with them it doesn't matter how wide the bridleway is they have to *uck it all up completely. Its a similar route I did end of last year but the ground conditions then were absolutely atrocious today the ground was 60% better.

The bridge to nowhere at the Vachery, Chelwood.

DSCF0409.JPG

Also at the Vachery a red leafed oak.

DSCF0411.JPG

One of Eddie's haunts 'Pooh Sticks Bridge' also the oak tree that EPJ mentions that can draw you to it like a magnet.
DSCF0413.JPG

These handsome boys came over to say hello at Hartfield as I was transiting the farm bridleway for the dull ride home on the old rail track.

DSCF0414.JPG

DSCF0415.JPG

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I certainly know that area very well.

I had in mind to go past the Vachery this coming weekend, as I assumed that the Rhodo's would be out, but looking at you photo, it appears not? I've had a couple of confrontations with walkers whilst being down in that area. Even with the main track through being a bridleway, people don't like you using it.
We also have a bit of hassle at the moment on another forest bridleway, with one particularly person stating that they are going to set up booby traps, and even set up a gun! The stupid fool has posted as such on FB several times over the last few months, using his real personal details. Schoolboy error on his part! ;) It still makes me a little nervous about wire being strung though.

The oak tree that you mention is actually at about the 37 second point of this clip, not the one near to the bridge in your photo. :)

Anyway back on to rides. I've been out twice so far this week in the evening, but haven't really been feeling that great, so the rides have been fairly short.
Nothing exciting, just the usual local routes. Still nice to have everything to myself though. :)

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I've been missing both my night rides and also riding in the rain, so decided to get my fix of both this evening. Sadly it stopped raining within just a few minutes of leaving home, so I had to settle for second best.

I stayed reasonably local, and ventured into a piece of woodland that used to be a regular haunt as a child, and later in my late teens when I helped manage the woodland. I used to hate the place! It used to be a monastery, and water mill, and the feeling that the place lets off can be quite nasty. When working there, sometimes it would feel fine, then other times I wouldn't even get out of the van. Interestingly I recently bumped into someone else that work down there many years ago, and they said exactly the same, that sometimes that they would get out of the vehicle and went to a different area of the woodland to work. I've yet to meet anyone that has anything nice to say about the feeling of the place.
All but one of the mill ponds have now gone, and I recall falling into one of them as a child, sinking down below the water, then nothing. The next thing that I recall is standing up, on the bank and soaking wet. To this day I have no recollection of pulling myself back out, and I certainly couldn't swim. The mill pond sadly also took the lives of two children in just one day. One in the morning, and one in the afternoon.

Anyway, it was kind of good to be back there again, and for once the place felt fine, even if now very overgrown and run down.

My nemesis. I've been trying on and off for three years to get through this ride section, and still haven't made it!
It's actually narrower than it looks, and I get psychologically beaten before I have even started, as there is a drop to side of some 5 metres or so. I'll make it one day.:)

Good to be out in the dark. :)

Related Articles

Advertisers