eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
Very nice. :)

Certainly a lovely evening tonight to get out for a short ride. So lovely to have dry conditions.

Sadly no more riding until Thursday evening, :(

electrikery, I hope that you don't mind, but I had a little play with two of your photos.

no problem still not quite got the hang of posting edting etc..the vid is my first with a cheap go pro copy ..not too shabby for first attempt I think
regards

• Useful
Reactions: Nealh and EddiePJ

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Having been unwell last week and also kept busy by the bees I managed to get out again today for a superb ride, 55 miles today. On my route to base of N/D's I used some new off road sections mixed in with some quite lanes I know of.
1 KOM on climb up to BoxHill, predominantly stayed off road as much as I could which isn't always easy when starting and ending near home. The North Downs makes a nice change from local bridles/Low Weald and the South Downs, I certainly can see a few more N/D trips ahead need to get the BBS up and running properly again first as I pretty much seem to have b#ll#cksed the controller today with 1575 miles on the clock but also am planning a Q128C H/T. Some great narrow fast tracks especially enjoyed tne Norbury Park/Ranmore/ and Polesden sections, in all I would rate this as one of the best off road rides I have done.

An apiary site passed on the Headly Rd after I came out of the woods from Boxhill.
DSCF0436.JPG

St Banabas's / Ranmore Common.
DSCF0439.JPG

Modern (1944) archway entrance to Polsden Lacey NT, Polsden was gifted to the NT for the nation and the arch built in remembrance of the gentleman who gifted the estate.
DSCF0440.JPG

A couple of bridges crossing Polsden Lane as I headed off back to Ranmore.
DSCF0441.JPG

DSCF0443.JPG

Leith Hill tower.
DSCF0445.JPG

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I really enjoyed the N/D's free flowing wooded sections and some nice fast single track riding with none of the S/D flints to worry about although because you are closeted by the woods the views don't match the S/D's.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Roughly 200 miles on the South Downs, and the OE Schwalbe Rocket Rons on the Macina Race are cut up really badly. Hopefully the replacement Hutchinson tyres will arrive tomorrow, so that I can get rid of them.

Weather permitting, I'm working at Keymer again this coming Saturday, then every Wednesday for the next month or longer, so I'm aiming to take the bike in the van with me, and pop up onto the Downs after work each time. By doing that, I saves me the 18 miles of getting there, plus the cost of diesel.

I'm a real sucker for sea food, and keep hearing good reports about Luna Rossa in Newhaven, so that is one after work trip across the SD sorted. :) Riding back to Keymer afterwards might not be so much fun though. :D

Back onto your ride. My photo from April certainly doesn't match the quality of your photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
edd does those white discs each side off the motor pop out ? or they locked in place.

might have a go with silver carbon or sticker bomb film what i got atm.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
YAY summer is here at last. Back to tan lines again!

It was a choice of stay indoors, or get out and ride. Going for a ride was as usual the only option. :)
It certainly couldn't have rained much harder, but still good to be out. For the first time ever when riding locally, I came across a group of mtb riders. It turned out that they were based at the local army camp, and add been out for a ride and were heading back to camp again. With my local knowledge, I lead them back to the camp via a back way, so avoiding the security post. That is going to lead to an interesting conversation later on. :D

I mainly went out as I wanted to try out the handle bar mount position of the SJ4000. Sadly the rain, and wet bracken has spoilt the clip, but handle bar mounting is definitely better than the chest mount that I have been using.
I'll add the clip later when it's finished loading.

Interestingly I decided to use the sound on the camera for the first time today, and in a second clip I took a tumble right in front of some walkers. I had a very quick conversation with them, but oddly the conversation isn't on the clip, but the sound of the bike as I pulled away again is. Very strange.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the sound is on on mine and all you can hear is the motor sound like its picking it up through vibration or something as there is no hole for the mic the case its sealed in.

could drill a small hole in the case so make it pick up more but then water ect could get in side of it.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just checked my rear brakes as was rubbing only to find out near all the screws that hold the rotor on had come a bit loose.

they all had lock tight on them when i fitted them so god knows how they come undone, must check them more often.

done them back up and no more rubbing :) could off been another trip to a and e if i left that and it come off.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I took the bike in the back of the van to work with me today, so that I could nip up onto the South Downs after work for a little ride to the chip shop in Newhaven.
I'm disappointed in the elevation gain, as it somehow seemed hard today. Having said that, I had been outside working all day, so anything would have felt hard.

I'll add more photos tomorrow, but here is the start and finish.

Not a promising start to the ride, a bridleway that NealH will recognize. Hard to believe that the bike could have got this bad in less than a mile of starting the ride.

And the finish, not a bad way to end a ride.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
LOL, sorry Eddie had to do it ! I found it a bit muddy a few weeks ago on the 700c and struggled a little then when it was a bit drier, just shows how quickly they can deteriorate. Be a long while now before that is even remotely passable without having to struggle.

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Stunning sun set shame about morons causing issues in Stanmer woods, have to admit I did come across some obstacles recently on my surrey off road ride and did not give them a second thought.

Related Articles

Advertisers