eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I've go the rock shox reverb as well but that was due to the original dropper post being pants, so that was free. Was thinking the shimano zee brakes too how do they compare to the original ?
Wished they'd do a pink and white bike for us girlies

Bigkevp

Pedelecer
May 30, 2016
west sussex
Heres my bike. lots of upgrades such as nyon,rock shox reverb dropper,supernova m99 head and tail light,fatbar handlebars,shimano zee brakes and the normal extras.View attachment 19442 View attachment 19443
yeah I would highly recommend the zee brakes, over stock they offer a great performance upgrade, im 6ft 6 and around 18 stone and on stock brakes they could be pretty poor mainly due to my weight and bikes weight. Now one or two finger operation is more than enough. absolutely love em.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Then this will be our next upgrade. My hubs is 16 stone and has problems with the stopping. I'm actually okay at 10.5 stone. I'll give most things a go but sometimes I lack a little in the confidence department so better brakes would do in this department.
Thanks Bigkevp

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bigger disc rotors will give more stopping power with less heat build up.;)
DSC_0222.JPG DSC_0223.JPG

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Suppose it's similar to a performance car, bigger discs better brakes...that makes sense....Did this too my GT toyota starlet and the MR2 GT turbo as well as the Subaru...
I like you wheels Soundwave.

Fish2

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2017
The sunny side of the Alps
I did my longest ride on monday. It was 52 miles with almost 8,000ft of elevation gain over some extremely rough terrain.
I noticed that with only 5 bars resolution (BOSCH) it is kinda hard to evaluate how much power I can use to safely get back home. I live on top of a hill, so I really don't want to get stuck at the bottom with an empty battery :)
This was the first time I drained it down to the last bar.

What happens next? The last bar disappears and the motor shuts down? Or is there some power left after all the bars are gone?

PANO_20170529_120258.jpg IMG_20170529_102714.jpg IMG_20170529_102041.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Trevor,
I've run out of juice once, my display unit flashed before hand, I had noticed I may not get home with power intact, basically the last bar on the screen went and the it turned off = no power, had to ride home without. I also live on a hill, 20 kg can feel a little heavy.
I don't have a bosch though I've got a yamaha so it may be different.

You had a good time then Chris, lovely day by all accounts.
Can't wait for Scotland next week.
Not only doing some of the 7 Stanes but also thinking about doing the big country loop around Glentrool.
Dom

Reactions: chris130256

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Trevor,
I've run out of juice once, my display unit flashed before hand, I had noticed I may not get home with power intact, basically the last bar on the screen went and the it turned off = no power, had to ride home without. I also live on a hill, 20 kg can feel a little heavy.
I don't have a bosch though I've got a yamaha so it may be different.

Dom
I don't yhing weight is so much issue but high gearing when battery goes flat. My Cube is running 15t (37.5) with 11-42 11spd. Manual bikes are typically 28 or 32 chainring.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Tomorrow it's fatbike time! Was a few weeks since last time, really looking forward to it! Have just tried my new bag also, it fits like a glove on this bike. Happy for that because I've had bad luck with bags lately. This bag is from another ebike manufacturer, ArrowSpeed. Bought it on a bike fair a few months ago, that was the only chinese supplier on location. Great bag, you can fold out the sides so it becomes like side panniers. The attachment loops are a little bad on some racks though.

IMG_8265.jpg

Reactions: EddiePJ

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
And guess what. My new bag broke! What a sheitt! Guess it was time for a better one.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Okay, there's no bike in the shot, but I was sat on it. This is the Norwegian (?) dredger/shingle pumper leaving Eastbourne Sovereign Harbour at 4:55am this morning. I guess it could be referred to as The Voyage of the Dawn Dredger :oops::

Gaz

Related Articles

Advertisers