eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you should send some pics to gmbn for the dirt shed show as would be the first ebike on there ;)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Most of the time, simply moving slightly one way or the other will hide a stand.

Stand in full view.

Move slightly, and it is all but hidden by the frame and tyre.

I also often use a telescopic rod stand which is ultra thin and can easily be hidden from shot. Positioning it so that it is almost obscured by the rear mech, spokes, and long grass, is pretty easy to do.

Failing all of the above, and as a last resort, it is a two second job to clone it out of shot. :)

Last edited:

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Did my local forest ride last night, good 20 miler. Chap stopped me asking for help. A kestrel had hurt itself and did I have anything we could but it in. I had nothing on me to help, but offered to go back to main car park see if anyone had an old box. Lucky for me a lady helped out and I cycles back to him.

Thank god for e-bikes a 20 minute walk back to car park in less than 5 minutes on bike :).image1.JPG

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
you should send some pics to gmbn for the dirt shed show as would be the first ebike on there ;)
hehe, don't want to get the mob after me :)

today I managed several times to find similar pot holes, crazy mud on this trail.

But I have a photo of when it was nice instead! :) I have ordered new shoes, first time a couple of "real" flat pedal shoes. So I was thinking I should try SPD on this bike before they come. But I really didn't like SPD on this bike, horrible. SPD is great for easy XC-riding but not what I use to ride with this bike.

20170605_153708_HDR.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
May I ask why the bow saw, syth and pruners ???
Done Ae forest yesterday, but forgot photo's sorry.
Tomorrow is a wash out, but Kirroughtree on wednesday.
Gaz stunning photo.
Here's the sunset from the cottage.

Attachments

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
May I ask why the bow saw, syth and pruners ???
I have permission to ride in about 500 acres (220 hectares) of private woodland, plus another 500 acres adjoining it that I ride in, and spend a lot of time in both, making trails, and trying to keep them clear.
The scythe and larger tools stay on site, hidden up, but smaller hand tools are carried on rides, and I never ride without at least a fold up saw.

• Informative
Reactions: Deere John

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
got one of these to set my sus and tyre psi so i know what it is for sure ;)DSC_0636.JPG

would of been nice if it had a hole for a co2 bottle but could not find anything like that.

Reactions: Steve A

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
was 20 quid on crc and free postage as was biding on one on ebay and went for 26 quid o_O

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
From my ride last week a couple of pics of a new access route I use to climb up on to the downs via Devils Dyke escarpment.

The gate is just around the corner from the arrow, from there you have two options. A scenic climb or a sedate gentler bimble along the valley and climb up.

DSCF0788_LI.jpg

DSCF0789.JPG

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I seem to recall that I was once going to go down the steeper section, but decided better of it. The fog on that day was so thick, that I could hardly see even where the front wheel was. Looking at your photo, I'm think that I made the right choice by not doing it. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I just got lucky with mine. :)
do you use it for the sus as just tried my rear and let out 20% of the air from the shock getting the reading. was 200 on pump and 172 on the meter.

and of course it dont fit on the front does it lol :rolleyes:

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Oh. Swept back handlebars. I thought that was not the done thing on MTBs. Do you find they give good stability and control?
I like it ALOT, they feel more natural to the hands so I feel you actually get a better grip holding this way, also more space for the knees when standing pedalling. It's also very rigid because of the dual tube. And this model (Jones H-Bar) is 710mm so it's also wide enough. I thought it required a few cm longer stem though, since the grips are a little more back, so I put on a little longer stem to compensate. There is also plenty of rooms for equipment on the bar. I like it so much so I am considering one on another bike also perhaps.
http://www.stradawheels.co.uk/product/jones-h-bars/

• Informative
Reactions: topographer

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Nice day today! Swedish national day so I took a long ride just after breakfast when the weather was fantastic! Went through a place called "Paradise", one of the two great MTB areas around home. This one is not so big and with better trails and very hilly. The other one above is huge and not so hilly, but the waste area makes it difficult to find great trails if you don't know the area, but I am working on it :)

20170606_111808_HDR.jpg

20170606_113311_HDR.jpg

20170606_100816_HDR.jpg

Related Articles

Advertisers