eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Ahhh......... Merrydown cider, yep that's the fond memories. My parents used to live in Henfield when they first moved away from the midlands and my brother in Woodingdean. It was may years ago that I stayed down south for a bit.
I do recall a fight in which i nearly got arrested, but it was the locals who started it, perhaps it's the same teenagers who threw the bricks..;)

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Out tomorrow but no mountain biking, just a really nice ride up an old railway line, all gravel and a good 40 miler.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Took a couple of pictures on my 14 mile off road route to work.

The exercise left me feeling wonderfully relaxed for the first few hours of my shift.

I started off in a slight drizzle wearing requisite water proofs, then the rain stopped so I took the jacket off, then the sun came out so I then discarded the waterproof trousers and put on a pair of trainers that was much nicer than the water proofs but a bit of a faff.

On some occasions it has been known to start raining again necessitating putting all the water proof clobber back on.

Love our weather.
Ride to work March 18 002.JPG
Ride to work March 18 004.JPG
Oh and I have an annoying rhythmic noise that disappears when I peddle and reappears when coasting. Sometimes quite loud and intrusive and sometimes very quiet. Always annoying. Ah.

I have had a variety of noises previously that I have managed to track down and silence but know from those experiences that these noises are not always coming from where you think they are, in this case the back wheel area.

Last edited:
Reactions: EddiePJ and oyster

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Thanks! Glad to hear! It was sure a nice view. One of my favorite spots but there in snow and mist. Stayed for a while.

Sent from my eBike through Tapatalk

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
How now brown cow?ride to wo now brown cowrk how 002.JPG Last ride to work before three days off. 102 miles in four days and my legs are feeling it a bit. 68% battery left after my 16 mile cross country ride to work and 61% battery left after my 10 mile ride home and it can have a rest now for a few days.

Reactions: Gaz and EddiePJ

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
In this green and pleasant ebike land!
Morning ride to work in the early morning sun shine.

Ride to work 14 3 18 001.JPG
We plough the seeds and scatter
Ride to work 14 3 18 004.JPG
Ordeal by sand.
Ride to work 14 3 18 005.JPGLong tiresome day at work made much better by the cycle ride. 16 miles cross country to work using 31% battery and 10 miles home using 42%

Ride to work 14 3 18 007.JPG

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Sand, will that be some gallops for horses or are you near the beach ?
No chance of getting out today, but maybe over the weekend.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Dom T, there is a lot of sandstone in my bit of Surrey and the sand in the picture on the track is a natural phenomenon and appears in patches in quite a lot of locations that I ride in.

The good thing about it is that it drains quickly and forms a big chunk of my winter route to work. In the summer however it becomes more of an obstacle and can be very difficult to traverse as you sink in and bog down.

However I have a summer route that is full of water and mud in the winter but drys out to provide me with some fast fun tracks. I am looking forward to doing these routes again as surely spring and longer dryer days must be around the corner now!

Although not on my route to work the North Downs are close to me and I have a favorite route that climbs me up to St Marthas Church where there are breath taking views. I do this on a non electrically assisted hard tail mountain bike and the climb can be challenging. If I can make it up without stopping I am always pleased with myself. There is an almost sand pit like section close to the top which I have learnt what line gives me the best chance of getting across it though it is always touch and go and saps your energy before a further short but very steep section of track brings you out at the summit. I like to do it every so often to prove I still can.

Here is a picture of it.

Sduro St Marthas Jan 16 018.JPG and the Church at the top

Sduro St Marthas Jan 16 020.JPG

So no, I am not near a beach

Last edited:
Reactions: EddiePJ

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Ahh.....thank you for that :) Very nice where you are then, would that be your bike against the church wall ?

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Dom T. Yes. I must have taken my Haibike that day. Usually I take my non electric hardtail that I got on a company ride to work scheme and is pictured below at the top of St Martha's hill close to the church. It is a fun, demanding technical climb to the top of St Martha's Hill by the route I take from the village of Chilworth and I like to try and do it without stopping but that is not always possible! Perhaps the real possibility of failure adds to the fun.
KTM 1964 6.3.16 006.JPG
There is a great route away from St Martha's Hill using the old pilgrims way and descending down water lane into the valley and then climbing back out from the pretty village of Albury and connecting to an area of forest called Blackheath using a track with an amazing overhanging tree.
KTM 1964 6.3.16 011.JPG
I am originally from Hampshire the next county over, a beautiful county in its own right but moved to Surrey with work. I have mates who live in Shropshire and have ridden my dirt bike with them there and that is another beautiful area. We are lucky to live in such a lovely country with such variety.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deere John

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Being in Shropshire I suppose we are lucky with Hopton Woods, Eastridge, the Wrekin and the Ercall to play on, but we also have some lovely off road parts, gravel paths too. Wales isn't too far over the border with Llandegla just an hour away and Coed y Brenin not too far.
There are some off road trails that are quite nice to just go for a ride on, making it a 36 miler, albeit we have to do 5 miles on the road.
I think we are quite lucky on this Island of ours, just as good as the continent or further afield ie the states or Canada.

Related Articles

Advertisers