eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I really like that border area between England and Wales. My wifes parents used to have a holiday home on Anglesea and I have fond memories of riding my old Norton Commando with friends on other old bikes up from Surrey through the border area to eventually connect up with the A5 through Snowdonia and then over the Menai Straights onto Anglesea. A proper days ride on old bikes.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Saint Patrick's Day Ride

oh man what a day! today I had the "day off", not many times that coincidence with fantastic weather. So I was out in my local nature reserve just around the corner and took the full 25km-tour around it, but the lakes was frozen so I could pass the lakes also. Which I did, on every lake, just because I could! :)

20180317_150020.jpg

Also one very cool thing I haven't experienced before. Since it has been so cold long time now the snow has like a crust so you can actually ride ON the 10cm'ish snow, on places where it's open and good. Very cool! First time I really understand just how capable a fatbike is on snow :)

20180317_135053.jpg

20180317_142022.jpg

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Deep and crisp and uneven.
Ride to work Snow 19 03 18 001.JPG
Ride to work in the snow. Knowing how the weather in this country can change I will probably be wearing shorts and sun block next week. Can but hope.
Ride to work Snow 19 03 18 007.JPG
Ride to work Snow 19 03 18 006.JPG
Hay, you hungry caterpillar, I mean brown cow!
Ride to work Snow 19 03 18 008.JPG
Ride to work Snow 19 03 18 011.JPG
Ride to work Snow 19 03 18 012.JPG
16 miles of winter wonderland. What happened to spring? Used a bit more battery and took a bit longer than normal. Then a head wind on the road ride home.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
No photo's I'm afraid as camera went on the blink, but popped to Llandegla for a day out. Some of the black routes were closed and it was a little tricky in areas as very slippy slidey due to some snow and ice. As usual the One Planet Cafe was worth it :).
Servicing the bikes this weekend as due to go to the Isle of Skye soon.

Reactions: georgehenry

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Not quite shorts and sun block but very different from my snowy ride on Monday. Sunny, drying out tracks and just leggings and long sleeved top and gloves. I used just 29% of my battery on my 14 mile off road route to work giving a potential range of 48.3 miles for my 3 years old 400WH battery. Lies damn lies and statistics.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Ae my favourite place to mountain bike, but where is this charging station ? Is it for ebikes, I'm in awe or is it for electric cars ? Is that merida 800 e.
Just about to receive in the next couple of weeks my new canyon spectral on as is my other half, can't wait to try it out.
Lovely pics, lovely weather Stumpie

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Just had a nose and noted for electric cars, but well done Scotland

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
Ae my favourite place to mountain bike, but where is this charging station ? Is it for ebikes, I'm in awe or is it for electric cars ? Is that merida 800 e.
Just about to receive in the next couple of weeks my new canyon spectral on as is my other half, can't wait to try it out.
Lovely pics, lovely weather Stumpie
The charging station is in the car park in Moffat and only for cars I just thought it was a "funny" pic. There is a 50km return route off road from Beattock(2km from Moffat) to Ae. Forest/Windfarm tracks nothing technical but a few steep climbs. Yes its a Merida 800 e, I've had the bike for 6 months now and its great, really flatters my abilities and enables me to cycle with fitter able bodied mountain bikers. I'm lucky to live in the center of the 7stanes as well as loads of different off piste forestry so never stuck for a wee adventure

Reactions: argoose and Tom Rae

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
There are some very nice routes there and being in the 7stanes area, very lucky indeed. It's a very funny pic indeed. We've not been up to Dumfries and Galloway since June last year, we did Dalbeattie, Kirroughtree and Ae. Next time Mabie, possibly Glentress although to busy for me. Newcastleton and Glentrool would be nice. Our very first mountain bike track was at Drumlanrig red trail.
The merida is a lovely bike, we are looking forward to the shimano steps system on the canyons, how do you find it ?

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
Glentress is the nearest to the house but we have a caravan down in D&G so I'm fairly evenly split. Don't be put off Glentrees while it can be busy at certain times eveyone just seems to spread out once you're on the trails. Glentrool is nice more in line with Ae sizewise with the added advantage of being near some nice long distance trails if that's your thing.

I'm loving the steps, the e8000 motor feels very intuitive esp in the trail mode, after a while it just feels like you're a fitter more capable cyclist rather than riding an ebike. I like the power adjust control being like "proper" shifters. Add to that the fact that you can adjust the levels on the trail and boost mode via a phone ap I'm very happy with my choice.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
The Haibikes have been a good starting bike, but we've done nowt but research and we know what we want. It's nice to hear how the steps system is working. I'd certainly do the long distance ride at Glentrool, just to do it.
The steps seem to be the way forward and my hubs no doubtly will be playing with the app.
It's good to hear others opinions on areas where you love to ride.
I found Dalbeattie quite challenging in places, but then I'm 54, only took up mountain biking in 2015 and it takes a little while to get my confidence up. I'm not into huge jumps with whips and stuff, but I don't mind drop off that aren't huge, rock gardens and uphill challenges, roots, berms and table tops are all okay, sometimes I get a little freaked by duck boards.
Hopton Woods and Eastridge, Long Mynd, Coed Llandegla, Coed y Brenin and Cannock Chase are our closest.
Thanks for the reply most appreciated.

Reactions: Stumpi

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I hope the were bedded in well by the time you'd finished ;).
Can't wait to bed in mine when it arrives.
Isle of Skye for me next week, with hubs and my brother.

Related Articles

Advertisers