eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
After having best part of nine weeks off work I am back in harness and rode to work cross country this morning at the crack of sparrows.
dawn ride to work 31 12 2018 004.JPG
14 miles to work through the very lovely countryside and 10 miles home on the road. Last ride of 2018. Mileage 10,366. Surprisingly mild for this time of year and mostly dry tracks with very little mud.

Reactions: E-Wheels

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
EEEK, I remember this so showing my age !!!
My hair is the same colour as my pedals as well......perhaps mid life crisis ;)

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Today was my last of six return trips to work using all three of my electric bikes with 128 miles in total.

Work start times dictated whether I could enjoy my off road routes to work or just a road ride there and back. As a shift worker my early shifts in the Winter mean it is usually dark for my ride to work and hopefully light for my return ride home though not always. This usually means that my early shifts involve a road ride in both directions.

My late shifts allow me to ride a 14 mile cross country route to work in day light and 10 miles back home on the road in darkness.

Unusually for early shifts in Winter two of my six return trips this time were light enough to allow me to enjoy my 14 mile Winter cross country route. I need to allow more time for the off road route but it is worth it for the beautiful countryside and more challenging terrain.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Mudguards are sometimes ugly but I've just bought a Mudhugger 29er rear and an RRP Proguard front from Tredz because otherwise I will only go out in the dry... Seems logical to minimise dirty water getting thrown on to the battery area and in your face, and at £110 for a set of rear suspension bushes and a constant wet arse it seems a wise investment!!! (I'm definitely showing signs of getting older lol...)

Reactions: Deere John

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Just a question for eddie.....EMBN was your bike featured on it recently ????

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
FFS! Chain snap, first time it happens to me. About 2km from job. But I was lucky, it snapped about 10cm from the chain lock. But chain lock was difficult to open, managed with the thread twist method, using my shoe lace! :)

IMG_20190109_155605.png

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Not happened as yet to me, but it had happened to hubby.

Got attacked by a patient on the 4th so having to take it easy, first physio appointment tomorrow, the b@st@rd has given me a numb thumb and forefinger. Currently can't be at work until I've been cleared by GP and Physio, although lugging patients would be quite difficult at the moment. I've had to stick to gentle local trails.....:(
IMG_20181112_094740 - Edited.jpgIMG_20181112_094734 - Edited.jpgIMG_20181112_092904 - Edited.jpgIMG_20181112_092856 - Edited.jpg

Reactions: Nev

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Having to use the Haibike and not this baby (taken at Llandegla a few weeks ago, before the pink pedals). A very frosty day hence no muck or mud.
IMG_20181217_103419 - Edited.jpg

Reactions: Nev and EddiePJ

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Your gentle trails look lovely. I cannot understand what makes someone want to attack NHS staff trying to help them, though I guess alcohol and drugs play a part.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Last time it happened to me I was riding my old Marin on a 15 mile circuit and it broke exactly half way round!
that is bad, hard to fix without a second chain lock.

Well. Today the motor died! :( it is really not ment that I shall use this bike.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
georgehenry, it's par for the course, but I'm now receiving physio, painful that it is !!!
It's into full investigation mode and hope that changes will be made as some of it could have been avoided. I've made a complaint and a tough old bird, won't let it go until it does change.
Haibike it was today to get to my appointment.
Deere John, well if it doesn't rain it pours. Will you be getting a new one or maybe a new bike instead ???

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
42km and the first day on the trails/singletracks around Uath Lochans/Creag Dubh and up Glen Feshie Here in the western Cairngorms with an overall ascent of 875m...(met this chap "Ian" also out for a first e-bike on his Vitus E Sommet....) turned out a cracking day!!! Swapped numbers as neither of us knows any other e-bikers and he'd driven about 40 miles south from Nairn to go biking in what I err, refer to as my back garden (as I leave my house and am instantly in the forest leading into Glen Feshie).....The "real" bikers are all purist snobs around here...don't want them types holding ya back on the climbs anyway!!!!

20190112_124148.jpg

20190112_144550.jpg20190112_130258.jpg

Attachments

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Hope to get out mid week, Coed y Brenin we think.
Looks like great fun your end Barrio, we're up to Crieff in February, but we've not long been to your neck of the woods.
September we stayed in Glenlivet area came riding your way, Loch Eanaich was a nice ride, Glenlivet MTD trails, Lairig ghru (that was tough), you're very lucky indeed if you've Glen Feshie at your back door.

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Not been to Glenlivet but it's on the list- haven't been to Laggan Wolftrax since about 2006, have done up to Loch Einich from Kincraig via Loch an Eilein a few times- it's a great descent back down! Been off the MTB a number of years was mad keen on sea kayaking and last couple of years been back on the road bike but where I live it's the road routes that are limited- and an e-bike will get me to places (hopefully!) now that I could never get on a conventional bike without a lot of pushing(and swearing wondering what fun there was in it!)such as the Burma Road, from Carnachuin "keepers cottages"at Glen Feshie on to the plateau etc on a nice summer day(or up from Auchlean to Carn Ban Mor/Sgor Gaioth)!!! Yes, e-biking has rekindled the enthusiasm and I care not a toss what the "real" bikers say lol.... And far from this being an easy option I'm determined to get much fitter and shed a few kg's in the next few months ready for spring(that's late May here lol)

Reactions: tommie

Related Articles

Advertisers