eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
It is a nice bike soundwave.

I could quote that old saying "buy cheap, buy twice", but my own Haibike was an entry level model and like yours has entered its 5th year of ownership with 10,810 miles on it, still using the original battery and has been very impressive, https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/haibike-sduro-hardseven-sl-2015-yamaha-7-month-1600-miles.22644/page-8 ,
and my first electric bike, an old rear hub Oxygen that I bought in 2011 is still going strong with probably the same or more miles ridden.

I recently bought a spar Oxygen Emate city bike from the classified section of the pedelec forum for £100 and now ride that to work and back when I know I will be riding on the road in both directions and I have ridden that 340 miles since I got it largely trouble free using its original battery with only the need to fit a saddle
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/the-tale-of-a-£100-second-hand-electric-bike.33079/#post-467114 , and although not quite as fast as the Haibike can get close to averaging 20mph for the 10 mile journey.

Perhaps I should just quote the old Stella advert "reassuringly expensive".

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it has had some major parts changed from stock but motor is as good as new i dont even think i have ridden it with no dongle pmsl.
stock.
https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Haibike-xDuro-AMT-PRO-2014

so voiding a warranty because one has been fitted is total nonsense as if anyone's motor was going to blow up it would have been mine lol.

the original batt is still going but now way down on range and to be expected so you get ur moneys worth out of them still a bloody rip of tho.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
We are getting great weather here too. My start times for work this week are dictating riding on the road to work and back, with a real contrast between the very early ride to work in temperatures within a couple degrees of freezing and then lovely sunny and quite warm weather for the ride home in the early afternoon. It has been really nice.

Reactions: Deere John and Nev

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Bikes looking good soundwave and yep we got 2 of them stands as well.
Off to Whinlatter and Grizedale on the 7th/8th/9th, looking forward to it.
Out on the haibike tomorrow for a bigger ride.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Deree, lovely weather indeed, likewise here and making the most of it. Rode to work and back again a couple of times, makes me sleep better following my nights, even rode to get me a haircut today and took a bigger backpack to get some shopping. I'll try get some photo's tomorrow.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Nice pictures Dom T
I did not get round to uploading a couple of pictures from a few I took on my ride to work on the 18th of March, so better late than never.
Ride to work 18 March 2019 Year Four 005.JPG
Ride to work 18 March 2019 Year Four 004.JPG
The off road route on the Haibike is so much fun and much more of a work out than riding on the road.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Burma Road/Cairngorm epic.....5 hrs with an average of 19km/h.... a banana and a pint of water. But what a day out based from my house....Kincraig to Lynwilg, the Burma Road to Carrbridge, a jaunt into Boat of Garten woods to try and find Loch Vaa (I got a MTB guided tour from some very nice BoG resident after a polite ask of where it was!!), the ok Speyside way to Aviemore and then up to the Cairngorm Mountain car park via the Allt Mor river (until sign said no more), back down around Loch Morlich and Loch an Eilein and via Jack drakes bothy to Feshiebridge...almost home but chose the "drystone dyke" climb right over the hill to Ardgeal and home.... 96km, over 1500m ascent... 2 batteries but both came back with 1 bar left.... yee ha!!!
Summit of the Burma Road looking East over the Cairngorms

20190330_125227.jpg

The River Dulnain at Caggan
20190330_131021.jpg

The River Dulnain nearer Carrbridge

20190330_132726.jpg

The Allt Mor across from the "sugar bowl" car park...(I spent a week here studying Lichenometry in 1998 for my dissertation!!)
20190330_160830.jpg

Th e Summit of the Cairngorm CAR PARK (The snow is still here!!)

20190330_162623.jpg

Home.....Muc-Off time
20190330_174407.jpg

Attachments

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I sat on the bike today at 10am....my backside said "no"....it was a brilliant day out and at Aviemore I could , with hindsight, have headed directly home...second battery plus pack and readily accessible bits (1kg of water, yet to find a place on the bike to carry this) equals 5kg on the back. My cheeks are sore lol, but this could well be the "Funkier" shorts that are too well padded..... felt like my bum was not conforming to the saddle lol

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Oh my you very lucky man indeed, I bet you had a brilliant day, so very green with envy :(
Now the clocks have changed DomT.... I can go anywhere for an overnighter ....As a sea kayaker who moved inland (duh!!) I can now see where my future lies... E bikepacking!!!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I finally managed to get out and actually have some fun riding with others today.

A bit of fun at Bedgebury with the Weareswick mountain bike racing team, Ktm Col, and a few others.

weareswick20190331205549298.jpg

Col making this short sharp climb look easy on my KTM. I tried twice and failed, but shall head back over the next couple of weeks and give it another shot.

weareswick20190331205549569.jpg

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Nice shots Eddie- Lucky to have a bunch of like minded folk out with you! E-bikes are weird insofar as hills, bursts, mad bits I'd have hopped off before and said "%$& that!" I'm now gearing down and power adjusting, dropping the seat and bloody going for it witha huge grin at the end when

Reactions: EddiePJ

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
when I'm coasting over a summit... E-MTB...when this gets out it will be revolutionary. I saw more yesterday than "normal" bikes....!!

Related Articles

Advertisers