eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
What a pain in the butt for you Soundwave.
ill fix it ;) peter has some spare parts if i need them so thank god he now services these motors and all the bearings are available to buy.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I truly love E-MTB... this has opened my eyes to the world I live in big time.... Ian stays in Nairn (which is good for biking too) and says I am a lucky bugger....yes, I'll concede that.... days like yesterday are so rare though- it was the lack of wind on the summit that made it magical and being off for a week helps...

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Hi BB, great pics you do indeed live in a lovely area. I too am very lucky within 6 miles of my house I can be on top of a decent height mountain. Foel Fras at 940 m, not as high as what you went up, but still really hard work and would be impossible for me without the help of the excellent CX Bosch motor. I took these a few weeks ago during that nice spell of weather we had in September.Foel Ffrass and Drum 030.jpgFoel Ffrass and Drum 022.jpg

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
In the first couple of pics in the distance you can see the Anglesey and puffin Island, and in the last pic you can see Llandudno and the Great Orme.
It's another cracking part of the UK and in a sea kayakers paradise too.... love it!

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Some of you are so very lucky indeed.
BB what a door step you have :)
Well I got myself in an article for BBC Norfolk, sourced from here by the editor and asked for a contribution
Here's the link.
I'm the fat bird on the end.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
River Wey including failed weir and over bridge

I have been riding to the Royal Surrey Hospital one day a week for some time now and tend to ride on the road there and then along the River Wey back to Godalming.

The ride home on the tow path of the river Wey navigation / canal is a good way to relax after my time at the hospital.

Not keeping up with my local news I discovered on the ride before last that a weir had failed and pedestrian over bridge that I have ridden across countless times had collapsed while a lady had been stood at one end filming the rushing water. She had a narrow escape.

River Wey Broken 14 11 19 007.JPG
Collapsed weir and over bridge!
River Wey Broken 14 11 19 002.JPG
Millmead Lock with less water than usual!
River Wey Broken 14 11 19 005.JPG
I can still get on the tow path but have to loop around the obstruction and over a foot bridge (above) that is quite tricky to negotiate on a bike with steep steps with a return at both ends to the flat bit at the top. My old Oxygen emate with a unrestricted throttle helps!
River Wey Broken 14 11 19 009.JPG
My ride up river showing the water level much reduced,
River Wey Broken 14 11 19 011.JPG
and the shuttering to brace the banks exposed and the banks probably much more prone to erosion and collapse without the water pressure.
River Wey Broken 14 11 19 013.JPG
Bridge for The North Downs Way with a sandy beach used by children and bathers in the summer with the more foolhardy teenagers jumping off the bridge (not recommended)
River Wey Broken 14 11 19 014.JPG
This is what my kids and I climbed up opposite the beach in the last picture to see the ruin of St Catherine's Chapel at the top and named the "The Sandy Bank" by my kids and I. We left our bikes locked together at the bottom.
River Wey Broken 14 11 19 015.JPG
And for you rail enthusiasts this box girder bridge carries trains across the river Wey on their journey to Redhill after leaving Guildford and turning left at Shalford Railway Junction.
River Wey Broken 14 11 19 016.JPG
And with that, the camera was put away and I continued my picturesque ride to Godalming. Very relaxing and peaceful, quite literally just what the doctor ordered.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I rode to work today on a cold -1, but sunny start to the day.
Bike to work 2 December 2019 001.JPG
Bike to work 2 December 2019 003.JPG
Bike to work 2 December 2019 004.JPG
Bike to work 2 December 2019 005.JPG
Bike to work 2 December 2019 009.JPG
I rode 30 miles by the time I got home after including a visit to Town for a spot of shopping on the ride home.

Reactions: Deere John and Nev

Related Articles

Advertisers