eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I have a rucksack that can carry my shimano battery and my yamaha one.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Yes, actually I had a quick bath during easter holiday. That bigger lake from mountain top is not so warm though. Need a hot summer for that one :) now we have warm weather again so it feels promising. A few days more like this and maybe first swim!
I had my first swim in the sea this year in Devon, lovely sunny day so I thought however cold it was I would be able to warm up when I got out, blimey, it was cold, cold, cold, I did not last long, 15 minutes maybe 20, but I was right, I did warm up once I got out. No wet suit, loads of older locals in normal swim wear like me put me to shame. All I need to do is a bit more acclimatization but that means getting in again. I love sea swimming but maybe I will wait for the sea to warm up a bit more. Wimp.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Currently in the rucksack- I need to source a cylindrical container minimum 33cm long by 125mm diameter and I could put it in there with padding and/or any other kit and ideally carry it on the handlebars in the Topeak bar roll holster thingy (well secured obviously!). Gutted I found an old "BDH" container at work that was 30cm x 125mm....just too short.
The 2.7kg nattery isn't too bad my biggest issue is having to carry the water too as the "S" frame has nowhere for a bottle cage in the frame, and I can't use the seat post to mount a cage as it's a dropper post.... somehow I need to be carrying no more than the battery weight so I'm going to have to come up with a solution to make the bike carry the kit and water.
I have one of those "King Cage" holders that is stem mounted but it would block the Intuvia display totally........ Maybe need to buy a Purion controller and free up the bar space on the bars.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
:cool:
DSC_0063_01.JPGDSC_0064_01.JPG
DSC_0065_01.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Nev and georgehenry

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
As I only use the Haibike to ride to work and back and have not been required to start work regularly where I normally do my mileage for the year is already way behind where it more typically would be.

I have only ridden 180 miles since the beginning of May. However I am about to resume my customary pattern with potentially four return trips starting on Tuesday of around 24 miles a day. That should blast the ebike riding cobwebs out of the system.

I did ride my normal 14 mile off road to work and 10 mile road ride home journey on Friday and really enjoyed it, although my legs felt a little heavy on Saturday.

There was a five week gap where the bike was not ridden at all. I had put the battery away with about a 60% charge and it it was none the worse for the experience when I charged it back up to full five weeks later and performed just as it had before I stopped using it.

The next mileage mile post to aim for is 12.000 miles but that may take a little while as it is 844 miles away.

I have been riding my other bikes it is just the poor old Haibike that has been neglected. I did foolishly go out on my non electric hard tail over a number of days to attempt all the difficult steep and technical climbs that I used to do regularly and surprisingly did get up all of them though the hardest is now right on the limit. I attempted it four times and got up it twice and my Doctor would probably have been upset with my heart rate at the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: EddiePJ

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
A bit late in the year to be beginning to use my Summer loop but for various reasons I have ridden to work and back much less at the start of this Summer. I completed three return trips over Tuesday to Friday with no trip on Thursday completing 72 miles in total.

The summer route is a generally lower faster single track route loosely following a river valley to Tilford before looping back to the North Downs Way and Farnham. I stop using it in the Winter as it gets very water logged and muddy.

The photographs are from earlier in my trip. The Winter loop includes a sandy area of common with steeper hills.

Ride to work July 19 post incident 001.JPG

The Summer route can be very frugal on battery consumption and two of my 14 mile Summer route rides to work used only 23% of my 400Wh battery. Great to be out on the bike in such beautiful weather and a great way to get to work although the majority of my work colleagues continue to consider me a bit mad to ride to work.

Ride to work July 19 post incident 002.JPG

Reactions: Gaz and Nev

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Hubby hurt himself about 6 weeks ago so only been around local trails, but it's amazing what you discover...
It's been hard not getting out on the canyon though until monday then we went to Llandegla. I hit all the trails and made the most of them, hubs had to take it easier Bliss.IMG_20190705_102722.jpgIMG_20190705_100328.jpgIMG_20190705_102753.jpg

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Decided to go for the last in stock XS Macina Lycan 271....me and the missus now have matching E-mtb's lol....got it from Merlin again in their Big Bike Sale at the same price I got mine... £2700....but we'd been looking at hardtails and for the spec on our bikes nothing else came close....obviously I've got 2 bikes to now maintain ha ha but being the same this should be better...oh and now we have a second charger and 3 batteries between us for longer days...or solo epics! But also any down time on them means we can use each others while any repairs are done as 16/17" they're not a big jump apart- hers has a little less reach but also 20mm shorter stem20190713_132812.jpg....first jaunt was at the weekend ino Glen Feshie....43km, 717m ascent in 3 hrs....(compare that to our last "real" mtb 10km in 2 hrs ffs! ) She's a total convert now....

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Just back from 23 day trip to Switzerland via Hereford and the German Black Forest. Hardly a drop of rain! Best height gain was 1120m (3630') in 2 climbs and 19 miles and another day ride of 47 miles and around 1000m gain spread out though. Just charged battery up from 60% to full this morning only to find the heavens opening!

Attachments

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Another nice day for a long ride out had 50 miles in total, not too much single track though, but gravel paths and a bit of road. Nice to just have a leisurely bike ride sometimes.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Decided to go for the last in stock XS Macina Lycan 271....me and the missus now have matching E-mtb's lol....got it from Merlin again in their Big Bike Sale at the same price I got mine... £2700....but we'd been looking at hardtails and for the spec on our bikes nothing else came close....obviously I've got 2 bikes to now maintain ha ha but being the same this should be better...oh and now we have a second charger and 3 batteries between us for longer days...or solo epics! But also any down time on them means we can use each others while any repairs are done as 16/17" they're not a big jump apart- hers has a little less reach but also 20mm shorter stemView attachment 31313....first jaunt was at the weekend ino Glen Feshie....43km, 717m ascent in 3 hrs....(compare that to our last "real" mtb 10km in 2 hrs ffs! ) She's a total convert now....
Last time I tried Glen Feshie with a mate last October, we crossed to the estate buildings side where a bridge was marked on the map. When we got there it was gone! 2 or 3 years before in a storm apparently. We will try again on the left bank this time.11 Bridge on map no longer here!.JPG

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
September 2009 it was washed away.....!!!! Glenfeshie have wanted to replace it but I'm not sure why it's never happened.... Last crossing is Stronetoper....!

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Last time I tried Glen Feshie with a mate last October, we crossed to the estate buildings side where a bridge was marked on the map. When we got there it was gone! 2 or 3 years before in a storm apparently. We will try again on the left bank this time.View attachment 31589
I've been to that very same spot on my "antique" mtb... the glen fairly steepens and narrows at this point heading to the Geldie/ Braemar direction and much of the tracks WERE on the other side but even they are now gone due to the changing nature of the place...one of the few river systems that has no dams..... It's a beautiful Glen though, possibly Scotlands best... There's a track that looks like it leads over into Glen Tromie near this....NEVER EVER do this.... it's long gone I pushed the KTM through 5km of thick and steep heather...gawd....

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
The Loch above Kingussie threw me a bit... Loch Gynack and the river cuts through the town... so if you studied this river in depth would you be a Gynackologist??! Groan....

Related Articles

Advertisers