Energy consumption figures

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
A few months ago there was some discussion on here about energy consumption figures, and what is considered 'normal'.

So, while I had my meter connected I thought I'd measure my (just over) 10 mile ride, just to see what I achieve.

The results surprised me a little if I'm honest.

I used 67wh over 10.5 miles, in 35 minutes. 6.4wh/m, average of 18mph.

I was pushing moderately hard, and got a sweat up, but even so I was surprised at how low the consumption.

To put it in context, I'm using a 21 kilo bike with 21 gears, slick tyres and constant current controller, mostly on lowest setting. Also, an old SWX motor.

What do others get in same or different circumstances? Would it be useful to start to record some data for reference?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
So far this week I charged my battery up full have done 54 miles and the meter says 70% remaining. using a separate plugin tester.
That's a 36 volt 16ah lipo battery. Using full assist on my BBS 01 build. And ave speed is 16 mph+ more traffic limited and stopping at lights.
I expect the bike to start having issues at circa 20% remaining so it could well be 150 miles on max assist.
( settings are as factory so 15 A max and 25 kph )
Who knows what I'll get if I drop the assist level and try to economise.
But if I get 300 full charges that's 45,000 miles from the battery!
I'm not sure I will do that many miles now just over 2,500 miles a year if I keep going until 70.

Reactions: Alan Quay