Enerpower 36V 17.6 Ah battery and mounting thoughts

Brittas

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Hi I am starting my 1st build with a cheap front wheel hub kit off of ebay (500W). I am converting a felt6 70 mountain bike. I looking to commute 24 miles round trips sticking mainly to canal paths. I thought a half decent battery was required...
Any thoughts on this battery? I can not see an off/on switch for it. I am not sure mounting in the frame bag is ideal. Is there away of putting this battery in a hard frame mounted box ?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If you haven't already committed to that motor you may do better to buy a more efficient 250w geared motor that will need much less battery. It won't be significantly less powerful in actual use and probably better at hills (not too many of those on canal paths). You may well save money overall, as well as having a bicycle that is legal to ride on the road and on canal paths.

Brittas

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
it does have a restriction in the form of a connected blue wire I believe.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi I am starting my 1st build with a cheap front wheel hub kit off of ebay (500W). I am converting a felt6 70 mountain bike. I looking to commute 24 miles round trips sticking mainly to canal paths. I thought a half decent battery was required...
Any thoughts on this battery? I can not see an off/on switch for it. I am not sure mounting in the frame bag is ideal. Is there away of putting this battery in a hard frame mounted box ?
Those motor kits are cheap for a reason. They're generally not recommended.

Also, you'd need to buy new forks because the motor has a 14mm axle, so you'll have to do a lot of filing of your drop-outs to get it in, then it'll probably break them anyway. For these motors, you need steel forks.

Those motors do about 12- 15 miles per 10Ah of battery, depending on your weight, how many hills you have and how much stop-starting.

Brittas

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
If you haven't already committed to that motor you may do better to buy a more efficient 250w geared motor that will need much less battery. It won't be significantly less powerful in actual use and probably better at hills (not too many of those on canal paths). You may well save money overall, as well as having a bicycle that is legal to ride on the road and on canal paths.
Could you provide a link to one of these geared legal kits please.I may well have to rethink using a front wheel cheap illegal kit.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Could you provide a link to one of these geared legal kits please.I may well have to rethink using a front wheel cheap illegal kit.
If Woosh have none in stock then go the self build route and buy the components direct from China, If you want 250w rated/labelled motors then I have only seen some on Topbikekit (nearly all others from China are 350w, though you can get 250w on Ali Exp) also you can buy all the other stuff you need as well so plug and play is relatively simple whether you use the Julet W/P or flat S/M connector option.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
ebikesolution.com sell legal 250 w mac motor kit called Puma .Has to be the best legal hub motor you can get