ERider moped Help

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
25a means it gives good current output , if you look at the crappy brainwave controllers that a lot of the DD hubs use they can be a paltry 13a output and gutless.

1200w is the mean average one will get from a fully charged battery, at full charge the wattage will be over 1300w for a while as the voltage gets low towards 44v it will be approx. 1100w. The wattage output from the battery to the drive wheel will lose up to approx. 20/25% efficacy so it isn't all that the motor will see. Heat build up will lose you quite a bit of that figure esp induced by hauling a lot of weight as the controller and motor are pushed hard under load.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
25a means it gives good current output , if you look at the crappy brainwave controllers that a lot of the DD hubs use they can be a paltry 13a output and gutless.

1200w is the mean average one will get from a fully charged battery, at full charge the wattage will be over 1300w for a while as the voltage gets low towards 44v it will be approx. 1100w. The wattage output from the battery to the drive wheel will lose up to approx. 20/25% efficacy so it isn't all that the motor will see. Heat build up will lose you quite a bit of that figure esp induced by hauling a lot of weight as the controller and motor are pushed hard under load.

Oh so I have a good output from the controller thats nice to know. nice info many thanks I will make sure battery is fully charged from now on and not carry lots of shopping

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
You would have been better with a 50cc moped, if it was me i would sell your elctric one and get sometthing like this, it makes more sense for what you are using it for.

120mpg and £899 OTR

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
You would have been better with a 50cc moped, if it was me i would sell your elctric one and get sometthing like this, it makes more sense for what you are using it for.

120mpg and £899 OTR
Hi thanks for your advise, But I have already paid £350 for this electric moped got done down on it as had to replace a new battery another £178 also I don't want a petrol moped. as dont want hassle of road tax insurance etc etc plus I am not allowed to keep a petrol moped in my shed. wont be allowed. I dont want all the hassle of changing my electric moped now

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It seems Nealh. The BMS on the battery must have adjusted as when I first fully charged it from new. It said 53.3v I think. But this time fully charged it’s more nearer to 54.6v. Green light came on at 54.3v.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
54.3v is pretty good, this is the voltage you recorded in #240. I would not worry that the final 0.3v isn't achieved as there is little value in that last little bit. Also it may be that the BMS is set/programmed to cease balance charging at that point.

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
54.3v is pretty good, this is the voltage you recorded in #240. I would mot worry that the final 0.3v isn't achieved as there is little value in that last little bit. Also it may be that the BMS is set/programmed to cease balance charging at that point.
oh I thought it was 53.3v. In #240 but just looked and you right anyway will try moped again tomorrow see if it’s back to normal. I think full throttle will be 42 Km/h. As it was last time it was fully charged I’m just going to let battery get to 46v before I recharge again as I’m only doing short trips plus won’t be carrying too much shopping again just 2 carrier bags on handlebars to balance weight plus and check tyres too for psi plus getting chain tightened as it’s way too loose plus keeps coming off.

I have also ordered this below as I don’t have a key for back brakes

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Riding with bags on each handle bar isn't a great way to transport shopping, one needs a better solution. Panniers, a long tail or a trailer, with the latter two one can carry loads.

• Agree
Reactions: wheeliepete

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Riding with bags on each handle bar isn't a great way to transport shopping, one needs a better solution. Panniers, a long tail or a trailer, with the latter two one can carry loads.
Hi well there won’t be much in carrier bags at all just light stuff. As I can’t place under seat or back box as there is my weight too so just thought on handle bars would balance better. I could use a rucksake on my back but then that’s more weight on back

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Slowly getting moped sorted, fitted a indicator bulb today at front, also fitted a new headlamp glass. as old one was badly cracked, also adjusted brakes better. so I am pleased with what I have done

without help from you guys here, I wont have been able to sort moped battery, but now I have new battery, its great

Reactions: sjpt and flecc

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Are well it was bound to happen soon. I've had my 1st accident with moped I came off. and bike fell on top of me. I was going down this cycle path, only about 15Km/h this man was walking towards me carrying a dog lead. I didn't take much notice, then bloody hell all of a sudden his dog a white bull dog came out of bushes so fast I had to swerve next thing I'm on floor with moped laying on me. banged my bloody knee man said he thought his dog was behind him. obviously it wasn't. I suppose the dog was startled to find his master had gone so rushed out of bushes. it has bent my right pedal, so now have to get that fixed, plus wing mirrors need sorting too