ERider moped Help

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Fully charged on the green light , that's good news and all good to go now. The voltage equates to 4.176v per cell. Some BMS cut off a bit before 4.2v, if not over the next few charges the cells might balance out a little more or your meter might be out a little.
Which ever it is, it doesn't matter as that is a good voltage.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well done Billy, knew we would get you there in the end. Enjoy your first proper ride on the bike. Hope the weather holds out for you. ;)
Well just done a load of rides near my home, like I mean 4 times round the block then again in reverse, plus another small route a bit further away. and all is good. But because I am over 6 foot tall, its a hell of a job keeping my feet on platform ok but managed it in the end ok, also the chain has not worked since I got it so that's off. but will be getting that fixed soon. also nearly came off a few times, and nearly ran into some people LOL. I was going along this narrow lane, and sounded my horn which is very loud, would this man move, so I had to slow right down and more or less walk by him whilst on bike. then discovered he had bloody ear piece in so no way was he going to move. its very hard to adjust throttle to go slow. but getting used to it more now. top speed on a straight road was 42 Km/h I don't know what these numbers on dial mean. as under that km/h it also says km then under that looks like a clock maybe someone can tell me what all mean.

I just tested charge side with a multimeter after ride it says 49.1v so from fully charged which said 54.3v so thats 5.2v its used how can I tell how many miles i do on moped

Just tried a longer journey and battery now says 47.3v so nice one. looks like at last moped is sorted. the throttle seems a bit too sharp, I would prefer a thumb throttle but maybe at a later date will see.

I honestly cant thank you guys enough for all the help you have given me. its most appreciated ;)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: sjpt

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
42km/h is 26mph.
Voltage will cut off will depend on the BMS specs min will be 40v or nearly 3.1v per cell, 42v is the lowest I go.

The KM is might be just a trip computer.
So how many miles did you do ?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
42km/h is 26mph.
Voltage will cut off will depend on the BMS specs min will be 40v or nearly 3.1v per cell, 42v is the lowest I go.

So how many miles did you do ?

So how many miles did you do
Well I'm afraid I kept turning off the ignition key as I wanted to check things on route. I will next time wait until I have finished a journey, then take a snapshot

That very bottom one looks like a timer not sure if it is

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I was wondering what type of chain this ERider model 15 needs as was told best to buy new chain. Mind you it’s very hard for me to use pedals as I’m about 6ft so have long legs I probably need some high piece of foam over the seat to raise it up higher. As I do find it hard to use pedals.

would anyone know where I can get a chain for moped I was told its single speed chain - length is approx 103.5cm or 80/81 links

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well I have found out what those dial questions are for what I asked. Obviously the Km/h top one is speed you travelling at, the 2nd one underneath with km is the distance you have travelled, and the 3rd bottom one is the time it took. I have also found out that the model 18 chain on the erider is also same one for mine model 15. according to erider. so will purchase new chain, plus I also see a front top indicator bulb has gone so will get one of those too once i know size

Attachments

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Dam moped just when I thought it was ok I went on a long journey and on way home it cut down to 11Km/h had to push it mind you lucky i was going downhill so tried to free wheel it on path, then went a few yards turned on key again tried throttle it was going faster again. then got to mine and slowed back to 11 Km/h again. But I think its because it was too much for the moped, as I had £50 worth of shopping some packed under seat, some in back 2 carrier bags on handlebars a rucksack on my back plus my weight at 20Stone LOL so I think that's why

As it was fine going there to a big supermarket I went for shopping, 36Km/h most of the way. and also when I left store. but soon as I was half way home, and going to go up this slight hill, it dropped down to about 10 Km/h wont go any faster, but battery said 43.3v and when I got home just checked and its 43.9v

Im wondering if I should charge battery every time its used regardless if its a short trip

Hope someone can help, as I honestly thought moped was ok now I bought a new battery, but like I said above maybe it was too much to carry my weight and all that shopping, as Im sure when I try moped again it will be fine. still need to get chain fixed as its way too loose and keeps coming off

Attachments

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Dam moped just when I thought it was ok I went on a long journey and on way home it cut down to 11Km/h had to push it mind you lucky i was going downhill so tried to free wheel it on path, then went a few yards turned on key again tried throttle it was going faster again. then got to mine and slowed back to 11 Km/h again. But I think its because it was too much for the moped, as I had £50 worth of shopping some packed under seat, some in back 2 carrier bags on handlebars a rucksack on my back plus my weight at 20Stone LOL so I think that's why

As it was fine going there to a big supermarket I went for shopping, 36Km/h most of the way. and also when I left store. but soon as I was half way home, and going to go up this slight hill, it dropped down to about 10 Km/h wont go any faster, but battery said 43.3v and when I got home just checked and its 43.9v

Im wondering if I should charge battery every time its used regardless if its a short trip

Hope someone can help, as I honestly thought moped was ok now I bought a new battery, but like I said above maybe it was too much to carry my weight and all that shopping, as Im sure when I try moped again it will be fine. still need to get chain fixed as its way too loose and keeps coming off
It is the weight. It's a 250 watt rated moped with a relatively small battery, so over 20 stones of you and shopping is very big ask, especially on any hill. Full blown electric mopeds commonly have 4000 watt or more motors and far bigger batteries.

Your best bet is to charge every time you use it and when riding, remember to back off the throttle when going downhill to rest the battery a little. Also keep the tyres pumped up quite hard so it rolls easily.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It is the weight. It's a 250 watt rated moped with a relatively small battery, so over 20 stones of you and shopping is very big ask, especially on any hill. Full blown electric mopeds commonly have 4000 watt or more motors and far bigger batteries.

Your best bet is to charge every time you use it and when riding, remember to back off the throttle when going downhill to rest the battery a little. Also keep the tyres pumped up quite hard so it rolls easily.
Hi flecc many thanks for your reply most appreciated. Yes I had an idea it was too overloaded. But it’s strange really, as I have an electric bike too only 24v 16Ah. And I have carried lots more on that.
I was told only charge it up to 100% when it’s say at 50% but I think it’s best if I charge it every time I go out on it regardless of how far I go. I’m still waiting to get chain fixed as it’s way too loose and keeps coming off. Also will check the tyres too do you know what PSI they should be. And would you also know what type of bulbs are for the front indicators as one has gone I still have 1 each side but there is also another 2 higher up at front as well.

I won’t be carry big loads shopping on it no more

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
43.9v is 3.37v per cell group so you are verging on lvc, the fast speed will eat the voltage so maybe reduce your speed some. For your bike sounds like you need to charge fully all the time, at the speeds you are doing it is futile allowing the charge to go down and expect the same performance.
How far is the supermarket ?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Ask E-rider for info about tyre pressures and chain replacement. You will need to remove the old indicator bulb to find which type you need.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
43.9v is 3.37v per cell group so you are verging on lvc, the fast speed will eat the voltage so maybe reduce your speed some. For your bike sounds like you need to charge fully all the time, at the speeds you are doing it is futile allowing the charge to go down and expect the same performance.
How far is the supermarket ?
Hi yes will charge battery each time I use it. The full throttle was 36 Km/h. The supermarket was about 7 miles. I won’t be carrying all that shopping again

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Ask E-rider for info about tyre pressures and chain replacement. You will need to remove the old indicator bulb to find which type you need.
Hi yes I have asked E-rider those questions just waiting for a reply regarding the tyres I think 26 PSI. front. 30 PSI back

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For the controller load demand with all the weight and the small high speed/rpm/ wheel size combo, one is asking to much for the bike on throttle alone. As one has found out the limitations of a slight hill fully or overloaded will put too much burden on the controller/ motor to cope very well add to that the depleted battery voltage and one is stressing the whole drive system.
The thread is some 250+ replies now so not going to wade through it all again but can you remind us of the controller current.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
For the controller load demand with all the weight and the small high speed/rpm/ wheel size combo, one is asking to much for the bike on throttle alone. As one has found out the limitations of a slight hill fully or overloaded will put too much burden on the controller/ motor to cope very well add to that the depleted battery voltage and one is stressing the whole drive system.
The thread is some 250+ replies now so not going to wade through it all again but can you remind us of the controller current.
Hi Nealh same as I have told the rest all this help is most appreciated. here is the controller image below, also do you think the front tyre is ok for 26 and back 30

Attachments

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Don't forget this bike prob. weighs at least 3 times that of your 24v one before you load anything on it.
Yes I was thinking that too last night, its the weight of moped, plus my weight, plus £50 of shopping 2 bags on handle bars food under seat and in back box, plus more in rucksake on my back. I wont be carrying that much again. just 2 bags on handlebars. not heavy. I am going to keep battery fully charged in future to compensate for my weight. plus get tyres correct pressure, I have joined Erider forums, but I never get an answer to anything I ask there. it says log in which I do, but it never says at top of page log out, But someone said they can see my text when I asked if anyone can see it

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
25a so no muppet of a controller, as pete has mentioned the bike weight alone will be hefty.

PSI is dependant on the tyre specs and the rating/info on the tyre wall.

25a x 48a = 1200w battery output.