Error Code E20 on Shimano E6000

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
As in the title I am getting Error Code E20 on a Shimano E6000 with the battery mounted on the downtube, I know the message is to do with loss of communication with the battery and I have cleaned the contacts with switch cleaner, but what grease do they put on them when new to improve connectivity, most of my cycling is done in dry conditions with very fine dust.

The fault is extremely intermittent, some time can go 20+KM some times just a few hundred metres.

Sometimes after the E20 code comes up it changes to E10 and shuts down assistance,

Any help would be appreciated, as no expert E-bikes dealers in my country.

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
As in the title I am getting Error Code E20 on a Shimano E6000 with the battery mounted on the downtube, I know the message is to do with loss of communication with the battery and I have cleaned the contacts with switch cleaner, but what grease do they put on them when new to improve connectivity, most of my cycling is done in dry conditions with very fine dust.

The fault is extremely intermittent, some time can go 20+KM some times just a few hundred metres.

Sometimes after the E20 code comes up it changes to E10 and shuts down assistance,

Any help would be appreciated, as no expert E-bikes dealers in my country.
Any Experts out there with any suggestions to my problem.

Thank You

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Comms between battery and motor can only be a connection issue so if contact is good then get the dealer to check out or replace wiring between the two. A damaged or unseen broken wire or intermittent wire contact will go unseen.