Help! ERROR E22 AND E21

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
Great, you shouldn't have any problems, TS deff. electrical, has wires coming out of it, although has moving parts, but I don't recon halfords are that clever.
i didn't see that about electrical having 2 years warranty hope the E22 error comes under that :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id go for a full refund then or different bike with bosch motor ;)

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
Don't be. But I wouldn't have only one (e)bike as a form of transport if it's critical if at all possible.

Ebikes have more things to go wrong, although an ebike with a hub motor can offset that greatly as your drivetrain can be nuked and can still carry on if it has a throttle.
what types of ebikes are like that? any from halfords?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Make them well aware of the misery and inconvenience that both bikes have caused you, get yer hanky out, wipe away the tears, then suggest that a Crossfuse would be the ideal way to make it up to you and see what happens.

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
btw I get the E22 code when I turn the monitor on the bike lurches forward and travels on its own. Turns off pretty quick then I keep turning on so it kind of works hope enough for me to get to work and drop at halfords. Not understanding how it still goes without sensor working

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
Your not out of warranty.
well what im worried about is when i bought the crossfire that was three years ago that went wrong. Then they gave me the vulcan april 2017 this has not been as bad but now its totally broken but has cut out loads of times plus seat broke twice and monitor housing.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well you got full warranty on the electric side as it runs out in April 2019

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Then they gave me the vulcan april 2017
New replacement bike, new 2 year warranty. Halfords are huge and play the numbers game, units out the door. They are well aware of the fact that there are problems with the bikes fitted with the Suntour system, but choose to ignore it, continue to sell them and deal with the ones that come back. If the first person you see tries to fob you off, as to speak to the manager.

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
New replacement bike, new 2 year warranty. Halfords are huge and play the numbers game, units out the door. They are well aware of the fact that there are problems with the bikes fitted with the Suntour system, but choose to ignore it, continue to sell them and deal with the ones that come back. If the first person you see tries to fob you off, as to speak to the manager.
its ridiculous though this bike has cut out loads seat broke twice housing broke had to have new cables.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
or just go full angry parrot mode if they try to fob u off pmsl ;)

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
lets hope they cant fix it then and can offer a new one :)
I would point out you've had 2 bikes with this system and there's no way you want another. There have been folks on here that have had every electric compontent changed on their bike and it still dosn't work as it should. If you are using your bike to comute every day, you need reliability, which the Vulcan/Crossfire cannot provide. As SW said, not fit for purpose.