Estarli e20

AndyB78

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2022
Anyone have much experience with these? I can’t seem to find anything except official videos from the company
Like most I’m after a folding e bike.
i think I’ve narrowed down to a estarli, Fiido d11 or maybe a d21 on size and weight. I prefer the larger battery than the mycle and I want some gears

I know the fiido options are cheaper. But I’m a bit concerned about after care and the estarli having a uk base im hoping means if worst comes to the worst I can take it to them?

any advice woikd be great! I already have a turbo levo sl but no chance am I leaving that locked up at work!!!

discopeanuts

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2022
Hi there. i have an Estarli e20 pro. I have had it for a few months now and its been great. I will give you some pros and cons.

GOOD
looks great nice paint work, also doesn't really look electric.
disc brakes are really good.
the removable battery seat post is very handy.
good Schwalbe tyres. no punctures so far. Touch wood.
good front light which is powered by the electric and a battery rear light.
folds which is what i needed for sticking in the boot.
Battery range so far has been good for me. level 5 is great and really pushes you. I dont think the battery would last very long at this level though. I will try it soon though. i spend most of my time on 1-3 or none at all.
Charges pretty quickly.
good to have the seven gears. this swung it for me over the Mirider. quite a low top gear though and you start to spin a bit after 20mph.

not so good.
quite heavy. I wouldnt be able to carry it very far when folded.
some issues with the set up when it arrived. i dont know if this was an issue with the bike shop or the manufacturer. I had to adjust the gears. tighten a few bolts including the seat post clamp which was slipping at first. the disc brakes were also rubbing a bit.
pedals feel a bit cheap but have been ok so far.
handlebar grips werent great. i bought a set of ergonomic ones which are much better.
thats about it! any questions give me a shout.

Reactions: cyclebuddy

AndyB78

Aug 28, 2022
That’s brilliant! Thank you! Very helpful. I’ve ordered mine and waiting for delivery. I guess as with all bikes at this price point there are compromises. I looked at the mirider too and as well as the price,l difference, I wanted gears! I live at the top of a steady incline so need the gears!! Haha.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
@discopeanuts That's useful comment. There's been a couple of discussions here about the Estarli 20 before, but IIRC no actual owners bothered to comment, so your input is useful - thanks!

@AndyB78 I've had a Fiido D11 for about a year, which I commented on elsewhere here on the forum both when I bought it, and after a year of use. Fiido do have a UK base and a handful of UK dealers. Fiido support I found excellent. Others here have commented on their D21 experiences too. IMHO, like the Estarli, the Fiidos aren't perfect, but a good balance of features and specification given the price.

AndyB78

Aug 28, 2022
@discopeanuts That's useful comment. There's been a couple of discussions here about the Estarli 20 before, but IIRC no actual owners bothered to comment, so your input is useful - thanks!

@AndyB78 I've had a Fiido D11 for about a year, which I commented on elsewhere here on the forum both when I bought it, and after a year of use. Fiido do have a UK base and a handful of UK dealers. Fiido support I found excellent. Others here have commented on their D21 experiences too. IMHO, like the Estarli, the Fiidos aren't perfect, but a good balance of features and specification given the price.
thank you! Yes definitely seems to be a good balance on them. Excellent input for anyone buying in to these bikes to know Fiido have a good support system too. We take for granted than a standard bike ca go to a shop for repairs but that may not be the case for these

discopeanuts

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2022

I was interested in the Fiido bikes before settling on Estarli. It was just the lack of customer support worried me.

danielmeyers

Just Joined
Sep 2, 2022
Hi there. i have an Estarli e20 pro. I have had it for a few months now and its been great. I will give you some pros and cons.

GOOD
Battery range so far has been good for me. level 5 is great and really pushes you. I dont think the battery would last very long at this level though. I will try it soon though. i spend most of my time on 1-3 or none at all.
Charges pretty quickly.
good to have the seven gears. this swung it for me over the Mirider. quite a low top gear though and you start to spin a bit after 20mph.

not so good.
some issues with the set up when it arrived. i dont know if this was an issue with the bike shop or the manufacturer. I had to adjust the gears. tighten a few bolts including the seat post clamp which was slipping at first. the disc brakes were also rubbing a bit.
handlebar grips werent great. i bought a set of ergonomic ones which are much better.
Hi, thanks for the review. Going to buy the Estarli e20 Pro. You wrote you had a problem with the seatpost clamp. Tell me, after you tightened the bolts, was the problem solved or is it still there?

I've read more than once in reviews that it has a problem with the seatpost, the bracket that holds it loosens and the seat gradually lowers and you have to constantly stop the ride to raise the seat. Is this the case?

Thanks

discopeanuts

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2022
Hi, thanks for the review. Going to buy the Estarli e20 Pro. You wrote you had a problem with the seatpost clamp. Tell me, after you tightened the bolts, was the problem solved or is it still there?

I've read more than once in reviews that it has a problem with the seatpost, the bracket that holds it loosens and the seat gradually lowers and you have to constantly stop the ride to raise the seat. Is this the case?

Thanks
Hi there. When i tightened it, that sorted the problem. Its just a bit of trial and error with how tight you want the clamp to be for folding. So basically you want it tight enough that it doesn't fall down when riding, but not so tight that its awkward to move the seatpost up and down when you are folding the bike. Hope that makes sense!

Reactions: danielmeyers

civvy

Just Joined
Jun 11, 2022
Middlesbrough

GOOD
Charges pretty quickly.

not so good.
Hi can you make the speed faster than 15 mph